Drive Soundtrack?

I got the same email from BullMoose (they may not be able to fulfill the order).  This is the portion of the email regarding the upcoming pressing info:

"All will not be lost if we can't fill your order. Another limited edition version of Drive is right around the corner. 1500 copies will be pressed. 500 will be pink and the rest will be black. You won't know which one you have until you open it. It's the same price as the Drive you ordered and will ship on May 27.

If you will be happy with the other version, you can pre-order it here http://www.bullmoose.com/p/14790772 or let us know and we will switch your order for you."

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but your avatar rules.

Guest deathbydrums

Anybody nice enough to explain what's going on with this release to someone who doesn't want to read through 51 pages of random conversations?

Obviously the Mondo site is sold out.  But the release that's coming at the end of May is it the same pressing/same Tyler Stout artwork/same chance of a pink?  So online retailers such as Best Buy or Amazon are getting these?  Or are the already sold out and therefore like Bullmoose may not be able to fulfill the orders?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm thoroughly confused...

retail version that may have pink vinyl randomly thrown in is the word i thinks.

retail version that may have pink vinyl randomly thrown in is the word i thinks.

Retail version will be the exact same version as the one sold online.  Random 33% chance you will get a pink vinyl thrown in.  My recommendation is that you pre-order one through the bull moose link I posted earlier because the RSD picture disc version will not sound as good and cost you a lot more money and will be much tougher to find.

Retail version will be the exact same version as the one sold online. Random 33% chance you will get a pink vinyl thrown in. My recommendation is that you pre-order one through the bull moose link I posted earlier because the RSD picture disc version will not sound as good and cost you a lot more money and will be much tougher to find.

*25%

"All will not be lost if we can't fill your order. Another limited edition version of Drive is right around the corner. 1500 copies will be pressed. 500 will be pink and the rest will be black. You won't know which one you have until you open it. It's the same price as the Drive you ordered and will ship on May 27."

I think we are mathing two different things.

"All will not be lost if we can't fill your order. Another limited edition version of Drive is right around the corner. 1500 copies will be pressed. 500 will be pink and the rest will be black. You won't know which one you have until you open it. It's the same price as the Drive you ordered and will ship on May 27."

Nope. 1/3 = 25%

What's confusing to me is what Bullmoose may not be able to fulfill for you. The pic disc? It just reads a little ambiguously.

If its 1 in 4 like posters on here have said then that'd make it 25%. The more you know...

If there are two sets of pressings (that are really the same press) out of 1500 each and 500 of each press is pink while the rest are black, what percent chance does little jimmy have of receiving pink vinyl? All answers should end as whole numbers, round if necessary.

1500*2=x, x=total pressing

3000=x

500*2=y, y=total pink

1000=y

%=(y/x)100, %=(total pink/total pressing)100

%=(1000/3000)100

%=(.33333...)100

%=33.3333333....

Little Jimmy will have a 33% chance of receiving a pink vinyl.

End conclusion: posters are full of shit

MATHS BITCHES

Oh I can do math, don't mind that. I was just getting my figures from poster speculation. Has Mondo even released any pressing info?

Apparently Bull Moose released it for them.

I Wouldn't take poster speculation seriously. Most of the time were just pulling shit out of our ass anyways or just making an educated guess. I was actually thinking it was more than 1/4 after seeing all the pink vinyl scores on here.