At The Drive-In Reunite!

I saw At The Drive In on their tour with The Murder City Devils. Both bands blew the roof off the building. It will be interesting to see if ATDI will continue to Hang the state flag of Texas up at their gigs, and if they will be able to muster up the same punk/grunge destroy the stage and body montrosity that they use to play with. hopefully the magic is still there. A lot of bad blood and negative stuff came out after ATDI broke up.

since mars volta and sparta both have shit going on, they're probably just using this as a way to remind everyone both projects are still here. they're probably going to just play a bunch of huge festivals this summer, and that's it.

i can't imagine them doing a record, unless they have tunes written that just wouldn't work for volta, that made sense as atdi songs. but i doubt it.

they're probably going to just play a bunch of huge festivals this summer, and that's it.

This is what I am afraid of. I have no intention of going to a festival for one band. I hope they decide to do a small tour that is all over the us. I am willing to drive to a show in a few states away but I really hate festivals.

ATDI were always about small venues for me. Once they started hitting a stage where you weren't close to eye-level it just didn't feel the same.

My fear is that these guys feel so much more serious than they used to be. ATDI shows were so much fun, an experience - not just a tight set. Hopefully if they are going to do this that old feeling can still come out but if it's just festivals I somehow doubt it.

For those that never saw them, this is great news. Have some fun. I'll stick with my memories on this one.

since mars volta and sparta both have shit going on, they're probably just using this as a way to remind everyone both projects are still here. they're probably going to just play a bunch of huge festivals this summer, and that's it.

That's what my money's on, too. Both TMV and Sparta are supposed to have new albums out this year.

ATDI were always about small venues for me. Once they started hitting a stage where you weren't close to eye-level it just didn't feel the same.

My fear is that these guys feel so much more serious than they used to be. ATDI shows were so much fun, an experience - not just a tight set. Hopefully if they are going to do this that old feeling can still come out but if it's just festivals I somehow doubt it.

For those that never saw them, this is great news. Have some fun. I'll stick with my memories on this one.

what if... and it's a BIG if... they played maxwells? would you go?

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':3kzuy3zx]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':3kzuy3zx]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');