I'm not sure how they would even go about canceling Vault accounts due to flipping? Seems pretty hard to police. 

And honestly, Vault flipping isn't even that troubling, you have such a long window to sign-up for a particular vault package. If you are paying exorbitant fees for Vault stuff you should be angriest at yourself! 

I think the only way they could do it is by matching the ebay user name with the TMR user name.  It seems people use the same user name across the board.   I don't care about flipping, if I miss out on something so be it.  I don't need anything that bad. In the end its all stuff anyways.

It is so easy to just start a new eBay account or have multiple. I think the only real way to prevent flipping is to make sure people don't want what you are selling. 

i think they originally put up the "no flipping stuff" when they started doing the first monday-of-the-month vault stuff. But also, a lot of the tickets for the new tour are in seated venues. If they see a ticket for row B seat 12 on stubhub for $500, they can easily see who bought that ticket in the vault presale and cancel you or whatever. 

10462667_718309388233187_654031133695972

Got a chance to check out the rolling record store last month. Picked up the tri-color Michael Kiwanuka 7" plus D.A. Hunt "Lonesome Old Jail/Greyhound Blues" and the three Roy Orbison singles. I would be interested in trading for Cash exclusives or other vault things if anyone is interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the July 7 billing period is not the day they charge my card?

the announcement is anytime between the first and 10th of the month, though it's been later before. everyone has a different billing date depending on when they signed up. some people signed up a month before the announcement. they may announce it before or after your specific billing date. if you don't like that, cancel now and sign up closer to the end of the month. 

the announcement is anytime between the first and 10th of the month, though it's been later before. everyone has a different billing date depending on when they signed up. some people signed up a month before the announcement. they may announce it before or after your specific billing date. if you don't like that, cancel now and sign up closer to the end of the month. 

Thanks

No news on the next vault package and the next billing period is on July 7. I thought they normally had the next quarters release well before the next billing cycle? I'll probably forget to log in and cancel if it's something I don't want, lost track of how many times I've done that  :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for another Dead Weather LIVE release....

resizedimage600502-Vault21-webmockup-LRG

Can you believe we’re at our 21st Vault package? It seems like only yesterday we were overwhelmed with mono Icky Thump LPs, folding t-shirts, driving the packages to the post office (before we’d figured out USPS would just pick ‘em up from us) and generally feeling like there was no way we’d ever get through mailing all of those. Memories.

Keeping our promise made a few months back, the 7-inch for this go-round is another deadly two song pairing from the leather nightmares of the Dead Weather. THESE ARE TWO NEW ORIGINAL TRACKS…DEBUTING ON VINYL EXCLUSIVELY FOR VAULT MEMBERS! Pressed on pretty golden vinyl, the tracks “BUZZKILL(ER)” and “IT'S JUST TOO BAD” are further examples that this band, in their downtime from Queens of the Stone Age, the Kills and JW solo, are more deadly than 99% of the rest of the also-rans out there. Don’t let the waterfowl on the single cover fool you…this single spits fire.

The LP for Vault #21 is a release unrelated to new albums or anniversaries or anything of that sort…just something that feels right. THE WHITE STRIPES LIVE UNDER RISING SUN LIGHTS showcases Jack and Meg in their first overseas trip in October 2000. While the band’s two Japanese shows were far from sold out, the power transmitted by the band is captivating. This double LP contains the entirety of the the White Stripes’ two Tokyo performances. With an on-mic shout-out to the evening’s headliners the 5.6.7.8’s, the Stripes would also cover that band’s classic song “I Walk Like Jayne Mansfield” in an improvised medley that also included Screaming Lord Sutch’s “Jack the Ripper.” Other highlights from the two nights include a rare cover of Iggy Pop’s “I’m Bored” as well as pre-White Blood Cells takes on “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground.” Complete with unseen photos taken during one of the performances and a sneaky die-cut, gatefold jacket, this live document leaves nothing to be desired to even the most die-hard fanatic.

For our third item…a first in the Third Man world… A FLAG! A proper 3ft by 5ft, wave it high, show your colors, all aboard the SS TMR rock and roll flag. This thing will give the jolly roger a run for it’s money. And if that weren’t enough…there’s a contest involved. Once they’ve received their flags, Vault members are encouraged to submit photos of the flag in different, unique states of display. The “best” photo, as arbitrarily decided by a team of Third Man’s finest indentured servants, will receive test pressings of both the 7” and 12” discs from the Vault 21 package. You can’t beat that with a stick.

Not sure if it'll end up being the exact track list, but these are the sets they played those nights:

Oct 27, 2000

Let's Shake Hands 
When I Hear My Name 
You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl) 
Hello Operator 
Jolene 
Apple Blossom 
Stop Breakin' Down Blues (Robert Johnson cover)
Death Letter (Son House cover)
Wasting My Time 
Broken Bricks 
Cannon 
Your Southern Can Is Mine (Blind Willie McTell cover)
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground 
I'm Bored (Iggy Pop cover)
Screwdriver 

----------------
Oct 28, 2000
Let's Shake Hands 
When I Hear My Name 
Jolene 
Lord, Send Me an Angel (Blind Willie McTell cover)
You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl) 
Hello Operator 
Death Letter (Son House cover)
Astro 
I Walk Like Jayne Mansfield (The 5.6.7.8’s cover)
Jack the Ripper (Screaming Lord Sutch cover)
Cannon 
John the Revelator (Blind Willie Johnson cover)
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground 
Apple Blossom 
I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself
Screwdriver