Over the past 5 years, Third Man Records has brought to life many ideas that are new to the century-old vinyl format. So, when it came time for the creative hive to discuss the vision for the pressing of Jack White’s Lazaretto, we were keenly aware of what it would take to produce a piece of wax worthy of the music it would contain… No single innovation would suffice. We needed to go big. We needed to go bold. We needed to press an ULTRA LP.

-       180 gram vinyl

-       2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels

-       1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record

-       Side A plays from the outside in

-       Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song

-       Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record

-       Both sides end with locked grooves

-       Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format

-       Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record

-       Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering

-       Different running order from the CD/digital version

-       LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

They really missed an opportuntiy when they didn't do this as a 9" picture disc

Crazy they can do all this and still keep the price at $20. It's almost like other labels are just ripping us off...

blunderbuss was the top selling vinyl LP the year it came out. there may have been a few thousand dollars more of up front cost, but this LP will probably be something like $4/copy to produce 20,000 of them. 

anyone that doesn't want their vault 20 please let me know…I am so stupid and thought the deadline was the 10th (no idea where I got that) Super disappointed. I know I can probably snag it for 10-20 over what it costs on ebay but that will be with time…once its flooded...

So if someone decides they don't like the LP or gets 2 or what not please please think of me! 

I know I can probably snag it for 10-20 over what it costs on ebay but that will be with time…once its flooded...

You can buy mine for $200?  But it seriousness...this is going to be $100+ on ebay.

I agree with stl_ben, I don't think this will be under three figures on eBay anytime soon.