Anyone go to Melvins at Third Man last night? Anyone want to sell me their black/blue at cost?

black and blues won't ship for 6-12 months. i'd wait on offering up money for it. your best bet is to somehow get some newer third man exclusive and trade it to the people who got extras on white swirl.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to renew my subscription now but the USPS shipping option isn't available. Only options available are 2 Day $42.55 and Standard Overnight $65.58. WTF!!! Did anyone else get this?

Everyone's modlife was cancelled today. The old vault is closed. If you paid $60 between February 1 and April 30, then you will get vault 16 package. The new vault launched today with news and videos and will remain free until July 1, when they announce vault #17. You will then have until July 31 to sign up for the vault to receive #17. When you do, you will have access to an exclusive vault store as well which apparently launches July 1. There is no incentive to sign up for the new vault until July 1.

I might have to fight you for that title. ;)

But in all seriousness, I would have never thought they would do something with Thirdman.

Yes I'd never have imagined that The Melvins would ever partner up with a label that puts out extremely limited and overpriced collectibles in gimmick packaging. 

I'm currently disappointed with Third Man and probably won't renew my subscription.  My Jack White live record was seriously defective and when I sent them a message, I got a "sorry, too late, none left".  It was clearly well beyond their 14 day deadline for returns (which is a bullshit timeline anyway) but also well under 6 months.  Isn't pretty common practice to keep some copies around for returns for 6 months to a year?

I'm currently disappointed with Third Man and probably won't renew my subscription. My Jack White live record was seriously defective and when I sent them a message, I got a "sorry, too late, none left". It was clearly well beyond their 14 day deadline for returns (which is a bullshit timeline anyway) but also well under 6 months. Isn't pretty common practice to keep some copies around for returns for 6 months to a year?

Ben at TMR admitted the last two pressings were rushed because 14 and 15 were by far the biggest orders ever. They probably sent out all their replacements. 16 will be different and so great and I have a great feeling about 17 because they just changed the website and want to start things off right

If they really want to start things right, and they have more problems than usual with 14 and 15, they should do a repress. Seems greedy to me - take a loss or break even on this if you have to in order to keep return customers happy.

Rules are rules and all that.  I’m obviously negligent on this ‘cause I often don’t even check a seller’s return policy until I have a problem.  And Third Man has a really tight (I would say unreasonable) policy.  I must get too many records – my partner would certainly say I get too many records – and sometimes it takes me ages to listen to something. 

So I’ll see if I can repair this (it has a big dip in it, as opposed to a warp, and my Project can’t handle it) and in the meantime save myself $260 a year.