How To Invest In Vinyl & Retire Rich

jhulud

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole record collecting frenzy reminds me of the comic book collecting frenzy of the early 90's where every comic had a foil or multiple covers. All those comics are now sitting in 25 cent bins and a lot of these variant colored records will be some day.

I was in the midst of that nonsense...it got exhausting and frustrating...esp. when Marvel and DC started milking it. It got me out of reading and collecting comic books.

Yeah, I got caught up in that whole mess. I mostly read the smaller companies like Image. It was crazy that I'd pick up a variant copy of Angela for cover price and already it was worth $35. I liked reading them though, so I kept it. Now, I could get maybe $2 for it and don't really read it anymore.

Variant covers did kill the comic industry and I do have the fear that it will kill the vinyl industry, but only time will tell.

All I know is that even if I have a ridiculous amount of variant copies of the same American Nightmare record at least I can spin the shit out of it and then just listen to the other copies. I am trying to reign in my variant buying though.

Anyone want to buy some Lady Death or Cry for Dawn comics? ;)

I dont think varients will kill vinyl, I just think its going to make it hard for some people to sell stuff. You see people trying to get outragous ammounts of money on a varient color of a record that is still easily in print. Those people will never want to sell the record for a real price cause they think /100 means a lot of money when the whole record was /26000

This is why I don't read AP.net anymore.

Anyone who thinks investing in any type of good as a "safe bet" is a fool who should be taken advantage of. 30 minutes of Google-fu and reading will teach you that. Baseball cards, comics, beanie babies.

Someone tell him it's far wiser to invest in "a mixed folder of CDs" and see what happens.

where would be a good place to lay those WALKING DEAD 1st editions down. my ex roommate was looking to get rid of his, and i think he has multiple copies of the first 10 or so. Dude has literally a garage stacked to the ceiling with comics (something like 10,000).

Or Fall Out Boy records go for $800-1000?

He specifically mentions a Fall Out Boy record that hasn't even been pressed.

Ridiculous. I just wrote up a mini rant on the subject.

Unrelated question to anyone - I'm new to these boards, is there a way for me to see who has quoted me without actually looking through every thread I've posted in?