Mondo Prints

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the Mignola Bride of Frankenstein print. Would have loved to get one!

Wish these prints were available for more than a few minutes.

I don't keep up with this mondo stuff at all. Does the aftermarket price usually drop significantly once the initial hype dies down?

There's typically a temporary dip. Just depends how much and for how long though.

Does anyone think there is a chance of Mondo ever doing video game prints? I mean there are plenty of dynamic games with storylines that can rival cinema. Plenty of art that can be done too.

Anything is possible.  There have been art galleries for video game prints and plenty of "Mondo artists" have done prints for these galleries.

Round 1 of Ken Taylor prints (Fight Club and Nosferato) go up today as well as Kevin Tong's and Tom Whalen's Robocop. 

I am very tempted by the Ken Taylor prints today. Love his work. 

That Nosferatu is really cool.  Ashamed to say I've never seen the movie though.  I still like the DDL Mondo Fight Club better than Taylor's though unfortunately.

Anything is possible.  There have been art galleries for video game prints and plenty of "Mondo artists" have done prints for these galleries.

Interesting, thanks.

I know these artists that are comissioned by Mondo are very talented and the prints they do look great. Some that I have seen though I don't care for, for instance, this newest Jurassic Park that went on sale yesterday, I did not like it. To me the truck looked like a glowing pokeball and the T-Rex looked odd.

Interesting, thanks.

I know these artists that are comissioned by Mondo are very talented and the prints they do look great. Some that I have seen though I don't care for, for instance, this newest Jurassic Park that went on sale yesterday, I did not like it. To me the truck looked like a glowing pokeball and the T-Rex looked odd.

Mondo certainly isn't the only game in town and Mondo artists aren't "exclusive" to their company.  Many other art galleries out there constantly putting out awesome things.  If you're interested I'll direct you here (though just a fair warning there are a bunch of sharks looking for a feeding frenzy so don't be discouraged when they smell noob in the water, much like records the print hobby is a learning process).

http://expressobeans.com/

That Nosferatu is really cool.  Ashamed to say I've never seen the movie though.  I still like the DDL Mondo Fight Club better than Taylor's though unfortunately.

I agree. The Nosferatu print is incredible. May get the Fight Club because it's Fight Club... and Ken Taylor. Can't really go wrong with either of those.

Thanks for the link, but I feel I may need to keep a collection in one thing, records, due to $. I will check the site out though.

Typically where do you go timbruh to get things framed safely by people you can trust not to damage the art?

If you don't have the money, DON'T get yourself involved in the print hobby.  Super expensive and addicting.

I've done all of my framing myself.  It's pretty pricey to have someone do it for you.  Wherever you go, make sure you specifically tell them to frame it w/o using any techniques that is gonna involve adding any kind of adhesive to your print.  It's amazing what these framers will do  w/o warning unless you make your demands clear to them BEFOREHAND.

If you feel adventurous and want to tackle trying to frame it yourself, shoot me a PM and I'll give you some links to where I buy my frames/supplies.  It's a little more involved (when doing it properly) than you think and you might want to do a little bit of homework first before deciding to do it on your own.