Bands you like despite douche members

Was just about to ask how many times TDS has been mentioned already.

Because yeah.

Who the heck are the dangerous summer? With a name like that I'd never check out the music..but they're ass-hats as well? Now i DEFINITELY wont be.

And I guess my contribution would be Andy hull. He's not really a douche to his fans, but his attitude and entitlement towards what he contributes to music bugs the crap out of me.

I met him once and we asked to take a picture. He let us do it, but was kind of like "Dude, why would you want one?" He wasn't being total dick, but definitely registered a little bit on the scale of dick-itude.

Joey Cape is one of the nicest dudes I've ever met, and I've met him around 5 times. Every time I see him at a show (except the Lagwagon tour) he stays for hours after the show to talk to fans, shoot shit, and drink. He even offered to send me records I was asking about for free, but didn't since he thought he had more copies besides his personal collection. 

Who the heck are the dangerous summer? With a name like that I'd never check out the music..but they're ass-hats as well? Now i DEFINITELY wont be.

And I guess my contribution would be Andy hull. He's not really a douche to his fans, but his attitude and entitlement towards what he contributes to music bugs the crap out of me.

TDS makes fantastic music.

i dunno.. it gets old. i dunno how i feel about that catholic girls song. 

also, the dangerous summer and the american scene are interchangeable. they are the same band. musically, not on a doucheness level (at least not to my knowledge)

TDS is far better than TAS. Latest TAS album sounds more transit than TDS, song writing isn't even on the same level as War Paint.

i dont see the transit relation at all, and war paint was kinda shitty for me. reach for the sun was prime. but that shit just gets old. i get tired of listening to it. catholic girls was alright, so ill give this new album a listen but i dont think it will stick, like anything any of those two bands have ever done, while sounding exactly the same, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Kalnoky has really bad stage fright when he does it by himself. While at the revival tour people might be more disappointed if they aren't familiar with him if you go see him by himself you ought to know what you're getting into. 

A professional musician should never forget the words to the songs he is playing to the crowd. It's their job.

If stage fright is an issue, he shouldn't play solo shows. Or he should work on it. Playing sub par shows is not the right course of action.

TDS were always cool and easy to work with, but ive heard of things they do after shows... there were a couple pop punk bands I booked a good bit that were great to work with, but rumors of what happened after shows at parties... not good.

super interested to hear more about this.

Agree with the newer hardcore bands being snobby. I understand to some extent why the members of Sleeping with Sirens are rude (the magnitude of how people act over Kellin Quinn is ridiculous), but when people are acknowledging the other band mates - at least be nice to the people who know who you are and appreciate your music.

Never Shout Never are pretty annoying as hell too. I get that Christofer Drew used to have a drug problem - but he acts like an entitled dick most of the time. And of course there is Ronnie Radke...

balance and composure..at least to me. i dont think they like me much, but im a huge supporter of their art, so i dont get why. 

I have seen Jon (singer, whatever his name is) at quite a few shows in Philadelphia. Dude is NEVER nice at all to anyone who goes up to him or even says anything as they walk by him. I'm not really a fan of theirs anyway, so I don't care, but it isn't just you.

I have seen Jon (singer, whatever his name is) at quite a few shows in Philadelphia. Dude is NEVER nice at all to anyone who goes up to him or even says anything as they walk by him. I'm not really a fan of theirs anyway, so I don't care, but it isn't just you.

That's weird. He seemed genuine when I stopped to tell him how much better his band sounded than anyone else on the La Dispute tour.