Talked to David Bazan last night...

He played a house show here in Baltimore and I asked him what the status was on releasing the PTL catalog on vinyl and he told that it's absolutely happening this year. They just got the go-ahead from Jade Tree and EVERY Pedro The Lion album will be repressed, as well as Fewer Moving Parts (but since that's on a different label, FMP won't be released til a little afte the PTL stuff).

I'm pretty stoked about this, so I thought I'd share the update.

I'm excited...but I thought we all knew this? He's been talking about it for a few months now.

Yeah, he's mentioned it before, but I never know how legit something is when I hear it 2nd or 3rd or 4th hand. To have him tell me face to face where they were in the process was rad.

One thing I love about Dave is his accessibility. His house shows and the q&a he does... He really knows how to make people feel like their a part of the whole experience. Very intimate.

I've been meaning to get into PTL. Recs on where to start?

All of them are good but Control and Its Hard to Find A Friend are requirements. I would recommend them in this order. Many will disagree with this order but like I said you can't go wrong with anything Bazan has recorded.

1. Control

2. Its Hard to Find A Friend

3. Winners Never Quit

4. Achilles Heel

5. Only Reason I Feel Secure

6. Whole EP

Love Bazan. Perhaps this will make it easier for me to collect all his variants. I think I'm only going to stick to having first pressings of everything. So, with news of the represses, if you have this, I'll trade heavily in your favor:

7"

Pedro the Lion (David Bazan) & Casey Foubert split - "The Poison Makes" b/w "Walk Slow" (Bedside Recordings - x/500 hand-numbered)

Pedro The Lion - "Helicopter" (Red vinyl)

Pedro The Lion - "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" (Green vinyl)

LP

Pedro the Lion - "Control" (dark green)

Pedro the Lion - "It's Hard To Find a Friend" (white)

Pedro the Lion - "Winners Never Quit" (white)

this was supposed to happen last year, but got stopped because jade tree insisted david to do a "pedro the lion" tour, and he refused, because it would just confuse fans. hopefully they came to an agreement. for those of you, like me, who already have everything: tw remastered all the records for new vinyl releases, so they're not just gonna be represses.

Like the others said, you can't go wrong with anything written by Bazan. That being said, my order would be

1a. Control

1b. It's Hard To Find A Friend

2. Achilles Heel

3. The Only Reason I Feel Secure

4. Winners Never Quit

5. Whole

6. Progress

Control is just a great album, the whole thing is just so freakin depressing. And IHTFAF really shows his internal struggle with whether or not he still has faith in God or not. Achilles Heel had some really great songs, and I love that album immensely, but as a whole it wasn't as good as the first two. Really though, if you delve into the lyrical content of Bazan you'll never be disappointed with what you get, regardless of which album you listen to.

this was supposed to happen last year, but got stopped because jade tree insisted david to do a "pedro the lion" tour, and he refused, because it would just confuse fans. hopefully they came to an agreement. for those of you, like me, who already have everything: tw remastered all the records for new vinyl releases, so they're not just gonna be represses.

Since TW is remastering these, I will probably buy them again. He seems to do quality work.

Like the others said, you can't go wrong with anything written by Bazan. That being said, my order would be

1a. Control

2. Achilles Heel

4. Winners Never Quit

5. Whole

6. Progress

Control is just a great album, the whole thing is just so freakin depressing. And IHTFAF really shows his internal struggle with whether or not he still has faith in God or not. Achilles Heel had some really great songs, and I love that album immensely, but as a whole it wasn't as good as the first two. Really though, if you delve into the lyrical content of Bazan you'll never be disappointed with what you get, regardless of which album you listen to.

Just being nitpick-y, but I would say Bazan was as sure as ever personally, regardless of the lyrics, about God back in 1998 when IHTFAF. Around 03/04, Bazan was questioning everything and that's what is seen on parts of Achilles's Heel and then Fewer Moving Parts.

1a. Control

2. Achilles Heel

4. Winners Never Quit

5. Whole

6. Progress

Just being nitpick-y, but I would say Bazan was as sure as ever personally, regardless of the lyrics, about God back in 1998 when IHTFAF. Around 03/04, Bazan was questioning everything and that's what is seen on parts of Achilles's Heel and then Fewer Moving Parts.

You may be right, and I don't mind being wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first time!! For me, the only reason I question that is because of Secret of the Easy Yoke. Personally, and this is just some dudes pov who doesn't know Dave well enough to make an accurate assumption, I think he was trying to convince himself that he still had faith in God and everything that he grew up with. If he wasn't questioning things then he probably wouldn't have written a song as transparent as Secret of the Easy Yoke. That being said, who knows when he made the decision other than him. I just can't wait to grab these... I've contemplated spending the $$ just to get IHTFAF, Control, and Achilles Heel but I've held off because of these rumors. Stoked that I won't have to wait too much longer.

So I'm interning to learn Live Sound at a local venue....and one of the dudes teaching me most of it is David Bazan's touring sound guy....I don't want to be weird and shit and ask questions like "when's that vinyl dropping son", so I'm super stoked to read that here, straight from Bazan's mouf by way of you man. Seriously, those living room tours are fucking awesome, been to 2 of the Living Room shows for Bazan and 1 for Rocky Votolato, and they all have been insanely great, especally the Questions/Comments portions of the shows