No Sleep Records Record Store Day Exclusives

I'm going to see La Dispute tonight and my friend that does merch for Sainthood Reps said one of the dudes from la Dispute will be staying with them at my place tonight so I'll defiantly see what he thinks about the situation. I'm sure the band doesn't even know how crazy things are going on these message boards since they are busy touring - it's my first time seeing them, I'm pretty excited + I got a photo pass and haven't done live photos in a long time.

I don't want to sound like a dick because I know you meant no harm with this post, but what do you mean you're going to see what they think of the situation? Are you going to ask them "what do you guys think of No Sleep's new website unbeknownst to them having a few bugs and your records overselling when they finally went up?"

Who cares, man? I bet you 5,000 space dollars the dudes in La Dispute don't give a fuck and completely understand because they are adults and things happen. People on this board take the littlest things so seriously.

I'm going to see La Dispute tonight and my friend that does merch for Sainthood Reps said one of the dudes from la Dispute will be staying with them at my place tonight so I'll defiantly see what he thinks about the situation. I'm sure the band doesn't even know how crazy things are going on these message boards since they are busy touring - it's my first time seeing them, I'm pretty excited + I got a photo pass and haven't done live photos in a long time.

I don't want to sound like a dick because I know you meant no harm with this post, but what do you mean you're going to see what they think of the situation? Are you going to ask them "what do you guys think of No Sleep's new website unbeknownst to them having a few bugs and your records overselling when they finally went up?"

Who cares, man? I bet you 5,000 space dollars the dudes in La Dispute don't give a fuck and completely understand because they are adults and things happen. People on this board take the littlest things so seriously.

I was going to bring it up in conversation if the opportunity came - I have no plans of running up to them and saying "did you see what no sleep did to all your fans and how everyone is freaking out on message boards" - I'm sure some of the guys in the band might care a little bit but it honestly doesn't even matter because it is what it is.

While it is harsh, I agree. I misunderstood what he meant in regards to gauging what LD thinks about it all. I have a feeling/would assume they know nothing about it other than twitter...maybe. The only guy who seems to use twitter is Adam and he seems pretty distant/carefree, at least from his mannerisms on stage and conversation with him after the show.

I do agree though that most releases are getting out of hand (my words not yours). Sadly it seems to be 95% of releases which potentially equal green dollar signs in people's eyes. Both the flippers trying to make some money and the genuine owners who are trying to avoid the high costs.

But like it is repeated in every damn thread, it is a never ending vicious cycle. While some bands may be flattered, I am sure most care little nor know much of the ridiculousness going on, other than people flocking their merch table at shows every night.

Although I generally know nothing/very little so I can be ignored, which goes for a lot of my posts lol.

Like you're not pissed now? You'd only be upset if you were in La Dispute?

no because im getting copy. there the ones who are screwing a lot of there fans over.

...can not be real.

EDIT: Casey, is that you? I get the feeling I'm in a Catfish-like scenario... and yocaseycasey is EVERYONE I interact with on here..... this guy, himself, toki, theusedguy, even Bob Lablaw isn't safe from scrutiny...

I seem to have missed something. Are people getting "screwed over" because No Sleep accidentally oversold an album?

I wouldn't consider it "getting screwed" in this case. Everyone here knew there were only 24 copies to be had online. Any semi-intelligent person could figure out probably only at most 10-15 of those were going to go to members here.

I probably didn't get one, and I don't feel screwed. I just missed it by a few minutes.

no because im getting copy. there the ones who are screwing a lot of there fans over.

...can not be real.

EDIT: Casey, is that you? I get the feeling I'm in a Catfish-like scenario... and yocaseycasey is EVERYONE I interact with on here..... this guy, himself, toki, theusedguy, even Bob Lablaw isn't safe from scrutiny...

+1 Good god, that is a great reference. I thought I was like the only person that knew that movie existed.

Like you're not pissed now? You'd only be upset if you were in La Dispute?

Honest to God, people that can't proofread their posts once in a while drive me insane. Why do people intentionally want to sound like a freaking idiot to the masses? Unfortunately this joker is probably for real, because I work with people that compose emails in this same way.

Again, if this idiot gets these records and I don't, I'm going to be really pissed.

On another note, everytime my phone gives me an email alert, I seriously get nervous.

They’re = They fucking are.

Their = Shows fucking possession.

There = Specifies a fucking location.

If you need some extra help:

http://learnyourdamnhomophones.com/

i'm glad someone here enjoys correct grammar as much as i do

Honest to God, people that can't proofread their posts once in a while drive me insane. Why do people intentionally want to sound like a freaking idiot to the masses? Unfortunately this joker is probably for real, because I work with people that compose emails in this same way.

Again, if this idiot gets these records and I don't, I'm going to be really pissed.

On another note, everytime my phone gives me an email alert, I seriously get nervous.

fuck you dude. you dont have a right to this above anyone else.

...can not be real.

+1 Good god, that is a great reference. I thought I was like the only person that knew that movie existed.

Thanks.... Casey.

...can not be real.

I was in a shitty mood and this just made me lose my shit. Thank you for making me laugh.

You've come in here and just started dumping gasoline everywhere and flicking matches. Had you not posted "Got both of them. If anyone wants to trade me both Circa LPs for these I'll do it" then I probably wouldn't give a shit. But that makes you sound like you don't care about actually owning this music as opposed to me who actually loves this album and badly wants it to LISTEN TO. Not to trade for other shit.

So yes I believe I have a right to this over you based on your previous post.

You've come in here and just started dumping gasoline everywhere and flicking matches. Had you not posted "Got both of them. If anyone wants to trade me both Circa LPs for these I'll do it" then I probably wouldn't give a shit. But that makes you sound like you don't care about actually owning this music as opposed to me who actually loves this album and badly wants it to LISTEN TO. Not to trade for other shit.

So yes I believe I have a right to this over you based on your previous post.

i like this music, i just want the circa vinyl more.