Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

Thanks to the fanclub I ended up going to the Letterman show last year before I moved to the West coast and I have to say, I thought that was a really cool way to start it. It was totally worth the cost of membership by itself. Since then, I've only bought advanced tickets to one show on the West coast through infinite merch and I'm still missing my 7". As someone who probably did better than most with their membership, I probably won't be renewing. I think a lot of subscribers will want to know where their extra money is going and what will be added to the fan club next year before even considering signing up again.

How about the Fan Club members vote and for the top couple songs the band releases a tab or video showing how to play the tunes?

Random drawings to win tickets or merch?

The band plays 1 members birthday a year?

Give away the test pressing of the next album?

A spot in a music video?

SO many things that could make this thing cooler than it is that really don't cost the band that much (to nothing). I would instantly sign up again if they would promise some of these things to happen. Right now (as the club was described in that email), it didn't mention anything really outside the standard merch and probably some more expensive posters.

Last rant. I'm done.

Man, I used to love this band.  My wife and i drove 7 hrs to see them once.   I'm glad i stayed 100% out of that dimestore saints stuff because their fans are kind of creepy but not even that turned me off from them.  I just have no desire to listen to these guys anymore.

I've just gradually gotten out of them.  not really sure why.   I never even got around to listening to all of Handwritten.  So no i wont be renewing.

Just in case anyone is interested, I saw them tonight, they burned through the set, seemed like they really didn't want to be there, it was really odd, little to no stage banter. They played for about an hour and forty minutes though. Here's the set list from what I remember:

Handwritten

59 Sound

Diamond Church

Biloxi Parish 

Senor and The Queen

Film Noir

Howl

Boxer 

Blue Dahlia

Lower Chelsea

Old Haunts

Too Much Blood

American Slang

Encore:

National Anthem

Mulholland Drive

Don't remember this one

Blue Jeans

The Backseat

I was spinning the 7" and staring at the cover made me more and more annoyed about the condition it came in after the wait and mix-ups with my address, so I emailed IM about it. No response. Ended up seeing TGAMgr's post in this thread so figured I would PM her. Yesterday I came home to a package from IM with a new 7" (and since it was packed with bubble wrap this time- no split seams). They threw in a Gaslight necklace I'll never wear (but it was a nice gesture).

I'm still going to pass on renewing because of the price, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come... and maybe next year will be better.

Jane, I might have to appeal to your good nature (and if that doesn't work ply you with promises of cute interactions with Jackson) and ask you for your extra. I've still not gotten anything from the club regarding my 7".

I've been in contact with the same manager, and she's been giving me updates but I've gotten nothing from IM.

Jane, I might have to appeal to your good nature (and if that doesn't work ply you with promises of cute interactions with Jackson) and ask you for your extra. I've still not gotten anything from the club regarding my 7".

I've been in contact with the same manager, and she's been giving me updates but I've gotten nothing from IM.

Yea, no worries- I'll PM you.

That's ridiculously annoying that you haven't gotten yours yet but I can't imagine that they won't eventually get it to you.

haven't received my 7" yet. but any day now/it's just a matter of time, i keep saying!

very doubtful i'll renew my subscription too. not so much due to this delay but also cuz i'm in New Mexico and the band hasn't come through here since '09 (the one and only time they've been here), and it's too much making the trip nearby states (like AZ or CO) to see 'em so all the club benefits for shows and whatnot are like really pointless for me. oh well. that 45 RPM shirt's comfy to wear on lazy nothing days. 

Just got informed that this was delivered to my old address despite all efforts to update that I loved months ago.

Apparently the new tenants tossed it. Awesome

I moved in April and updated my address with IM in April... They probably will ship mine to that old address too.

• 4 weeks later...

me too. that tgamanger PMed me and had me email them. seemed promising and then they disappeared and didn't respond to me confirming they were sending....a month and a half ago now.

i emailed her last week after still not getting the 7" three weeks after initially emailing her where she said she'd take care of it. she told me not to contact her about it anymore and contact infinte merch. she also gave me a non-working email adress to contact infinite merch. so no one bother using the [email protected] email as it just gets bounced back as undeliverable.

it seems like gaslight's manager was just trying to save face and can't be bothered to deal with this debacle.