Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

Cmon Brian....I can understand his bitch about people yelling for over songs at TGA shows but to complain about people wanting older songs. That's ridiculous! I'm mean they have four albums that basically sing about the kinda same stuff.  Don't get me wrong I love each and every album but don't see some major change in their songwriting and or sound over the past five years.  

Were not talking:

Brand New's YFW to Deja

Saves The Day's Through Being Cool  to Stay What You Are

This was posted by someone on the Gaslight board that claims to know the band: 

What is heartbreaking is to see the change in Brian. It's not a case of 'letting the man be a human being'. The cold truth is Brian is so far removed from the person he was. The younger Brian was also a very complex person - he always jumped from having the blues to being really happy. But there was never this nasty, spiteful side to him that those around him see now. I don't think it's really a secret - most people know the turmoil he has in his personal life now. So sad to see. To be honest he's absolutely fucked - mentally and physically you're looking at a guy who is a shadow of his former self.

Late last year plans were in place for Brian to work on a solo record with Ryan Adams in a producer role - basically Gaslight's record company said "no way - you owe us another record after the disapointment of Handwritten". The guy is not happy in any area of his life and his friends and bandmates are skirting around the subject as they're trying to cover their own positions and careers. Someone close to him needs to get a grip of the situation and get Brian the help he needs.

It's of my opinion that Brian (and Gaslight are on the way down) and he's lashing out at the very people who helped him reach to that level (Bruce, friends, the fans) - such a sad sight to see when I think of the potential that band and Brian had.

As I said, the Brian of old also 'had the blues' but he was also so down to earth and grateful and could be a really fun, interesting person to be around. If everyone is honest (friends and fans), nobody recognises the Brian of today.

Oh, BARF. The dude got big and then his record didn't go anywhere. And people at his shows want to hear some stuff even though he wants to play other stuff. How many bands in the history of rock and roll have not had this experience???

And aside from a possible lack of depth in songwriting abilities, this is what has and always will really separate Fallon from all the people he emulates. Some artists can deal with success and the rocky road you almost always have to take to get there, and others cannot. I won't completely write Brian off yet. After all these years, I have no reason to. And that douchebag writing his obituary on Gaslight's sycophantic fansite needs to calm down as well. This happens. You get to a certain point, your ego gets huge, your shows grow and your tours are awesome. And then in one second, it all stops and you're confronted with reality again. I honestly cannot think of one band I know where something similar hasn't happened. Hell, on the night of his 30th birthday, Springsteen threw a cake an audience member had given him back into the crowd, he was so pissed about it. The last time I saw him on his birthday, he was cutting a cake on stage and passing pieces around. Granted that's thirty years later, but my point is that it's a process and a learning experience to get from point A to point B when you're in a band on the brink of success or failure.

I guess the test is whether or not this band learns how to put it all into perspective and just deal with it. And at this point, I think that depends on Brian's ability to regain some humility and come back from the stratosphere of his own head. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

He also states bands should sleep on floors and such, I highly doubt he's slept on a floor, or even a couch for quite a few years.

I think you're missing the point. He hasn't done it in years, but he did do it for a long time at Gaslight's start and in the bands he was in before. What he's saying is because of that he's gotten to where he is and is the one with the microphone. So if the kid in the crowd who can't shut the fuck up truly has something to say they should start a band, work hard, sleep on floors and if they make it will be in that position themselves.

As for that post from the Gaslight forum: Fuck off. Sounds like a jaded fangirl who had connection to the band (maybe) years ago.

i just got the email regarding the fan club renewal. are they seriously asking current members to pay $40 (an additional $15 from last year) to renew their membership after all the delays and shitty customer service?

and then the digital only option is $20. so they're basically charging an additional $20 for a 7" single?

yeah, no thanks.

I've been in the Pearl Jam club for years so I couldn't care less about when the items show up as long as they do. Only complaint with the Gaslight club is that I am somehow not on the e-mail list. Not that I ever tried to get added to it, this thread is sufficient. So I'm happy with the first year, I didn't have any real issues.

But I'm not paying $40 for the next single, that's the one and only thing I want out of the club. As much as I'd like to leave the Pearl Jam club for the same reason, there's always something vinyl-related in any given year that I can only buy because I'm a member (white Backspacer, etc.) Now if Gaslight starts that, I'd be interested again.

Also, regarding Brian's blog post and the "new" Gaslight Anthem that is to come.

I wonder if this is something that has been in works for a while, or if this is just Brian's band.. Brian made the decision Sunday night and the rest of the band will either deal with it or move on.

I think you're missing the point. He hasn't done it in years, but he did do it for a long time at Gaslight's start and in the bands he was in before. What he's saying is because of that he's gotten to where he is and is the one with the microphone. So if the kid in the crowd who can't shut the fuck up truly has something to say they should start a band, work hard, sleep on floors and if they make it will be in that position themselves.

As for that post from the Gaslight forum: Fuck off. Sounds like a jaded fangirl who had connection to the band (maybe) years ago.

The idea that you have to have played dive shows to share your opinion of a band is retarded. Do I have to have played in the major leagues to think that a baseball player sucks?

I've been in the Pearl Jam club for years so I couldn't care less about when the items show up as long as they do. Only complaint with the Gaslight club is that I am somehow not on the e-mail list. Not that I ever tried to get added to it, this thread is sufficient. So I'm happy with the first year, I didn't have any real issues.

But I'm not paying $40 for the next single, that's the one and only thing I want out of the club. As much as I'd like to leave the Pearl Jam club for the same reason, there's always something vinyl-related in any given year that I can only buy because I'm a member (white Backspacer, etc.) Now if Gaslight starts that, I'd be interested again.

They use "constant contact". My school email didn't call it spam, it "quarantined" it. Had to figure out how to get it unquarantined (a separate url that would let me release emails from a certain sender).

If that helps you out, cool. It took me many help emails to figure it out but I finally did.

Brian Fallon is the Kurt Cobain of our generation, as in he has no clue how to deal with this shit. Everyone is being finicky. Just enjoy the show. Dude's listening to something different and suddenly everyone's panties are in a bunch.

Yeah, except Kurt mainlined heroin, and Brian writes blog posts. Definitely equitable in their approaches to fame.