bands you got your parents into

I tried Gaslight Anthem, Avett Brothers, and The Raconteurs on my parents, but they just don't give a shit. They refuse to listen to anything new unless it is county. My mom points out anytime the Red Hot Chili Peppers or Foo Fighters are on the radio though. I guess their voices really stick out to her.

Got my dad into:

Social Distortion

Mike Ness

Chuck Ragan

Old Man Markley

William Elliott Whitmore

Austin Lucas

AFI (only Crash Love)

Tim Barry

Seasick Steve

The Black Keys

Drag the River

Jon Snodgrass

Chad Price

Greenland is Melting

Rocky Votolato

Murder by Death

Lucero

Tried for NOFX and other punk since middle school to no avail...

nothing, my Mom feigns interest in Frank Turner because I'm in the inside cover art for Poetry of the Deed. They listen to the worst of the worst, Kid Rock/Creed/Pink for my mom....my Dad's taste is alright, mostly just classic rock.

speaking of entire family singing along....I did front of house Security for the venue I work at and there was an entire family that came to St. Vincent and all four of them were really stoked on different songs, and seeing each of their faces light up when she'd play a song that was there favorite was freaking awesome

nothing, my Mom feigns interest in Frank Turner because I'm in the inside cover art for Poetry of the Deed. They listen to the worst of the worst, Kid Rock/Creed/Pink for my mom....my Dad's taste is alright, mostly just classic rock.

both my parents listen to pretty awful music. my dads 61, and he loves nickelback, celine dion, and josh grobin. other than that its the oldies.

my mom is better though. my collection started with her classic rock hammedowns. huge lady gaga fan which entertains me. but on the same level, she also loves karmin and flo rida.

I gave my dad a copy of If These Trees Could Talk's Red Forest for his ride in the truck this week...so far I think he is digging it...

He usually doesn't listen to anything outside of Pink Floyd though..

My mom is usually interested in most things I listen to...she didn't like Pianos Become The Teeth or Touche Amore though...

She doesn't usually listen to anything other than Edwin McCain...I think her and my dad have seen him about 15 times

Nothing. My mom mentioned M. Ward once. I thought that was cool. She likes Hayes Carll too. I don't listen to either one though.

dude, funny that you mention your Mom enjoying Hayes Carll......went to see him here in town this past summer....I'm 29, used to being on the older side of people at shows now days.....my Girlfriend and I were by far the youngest people in that crowd, blew my mind... oh well, dude's music is fucking great, hell of a showman, had a blast at that show.

lots. my mom has awesome music taste. Loves Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Hammock, Bon Iver, and she really likes basically anything I play for her as long as it's not like metal or hardcore or anything. Going to see Sigur Ros with her in August, super stoked.

My parents are both dead, so i wasn't able to get them into music because they really didn't like anything other than big band and freddie fender. and i liked metal when they were around.. but my mom did like a queensryche song back in the day.. well until he started yelling.