The Replacements

Tim and everything after was released on Sire, only the first four records are on TwinTone. I would think that the rights to all the albums are owned by the same people by now, but it could be a licensing issue where the Twin Tone people still own partial rights. It may be that they wouldn't make enough money as a result.

Thanks guys.

What made me think about it was - I found this on the Twin Tone website under Hootenanny:

"Released April 29, 1983, we sold more than 38,000 vinyl copies. The final pressing in the late eighties (to run out the jackets) of aprox 1,000 were pressed on colored vinyl. We had a few left for mail order until 2009, now vinyl and cassette versions are "out of print." Twin/Tone has licensed the project to Restless/Ryko."

I finally convinced myself to get a copy of Let it Be on ebay yesterday. $40 plus shipping. Not terrible I suppose. I ended up getting a test press of hootenanny a few months ago which I am still in disbelief about. As it stands now I need Stink, Sorry mom... and All shook Down.

I've been holding out on these until the potential reissues, but I just reread All Over But The Shouting and now I'm really wanting these again. There is a lot of all of their vinyl on ebay for $700, but that's just ridiculous.

I was lucky enough to buy a few of their stuff off the Twin Tone site awhile back. Got Stink, Hootenanny (colored), and I will DAre . Was able to get most of their other stuff by just being patient and lucky. Wondering if Paul and Tommy getting together for the Dunlap benefit album will lead to anything..

• 1 year later...

I read somewhere that stink first press was colored grey vinyl. Anyone know?

From Twin/Tone site (via Discogs):

"This 'mini-LP' was released on June 24, 1982. The first three pressings (2,000 + 1,500 + 1,500) used hand stamped white jackets. Each pressing had unique markings and were easily told apart. (First was black, the second was red, the third was done in black with a fake bar code made from a cut out 'potato stamp') For the fourth and future pressings we went to pre-printed jackets. The final pressing in the late eighties (to run out the jackets) of approx 1,000 were pressed on colored vinyl."

Discogs page for the release:

http://www.discogs.com/Replacements-Stink-Kids-Dont-Follow-Plus-Seven/master/16289

I don't think the grey version is any of those. A few come up on popsike.

"This 'mini-LP' was released on June 24, 1982. The first three pressings (2,000 + 1,500 + 1,500) used hand stamped white jackets. Each pressing had unique markings and were easily told apart. (First was black, the second was red, the third was done in black with a fake bar code made from a cut out 'potato stamp') For the fourth and future pressings we went to pre-printed jackets. The final pressing in the late eighties (to run out the jackets) of approx 1,000 were pressed on colored vinyl."

http://www.discogs.com/Replacements-Stink-Kids-Dont-Follow-Plus-Seven/master/16289

Thanks! I want an original pressing in good shape. This one says it's colored first press. Safe to say you believe this post is incorrect?

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Replacements-Stink-Kids-Dont-Follow-Plus-Seven/113704825?ev=bp_rel_det

It appears that the seller has listed their record under the wrong version. A picture would confirm this as each pressing has a distinctive sleeve. As they've listed it as coloured vinyl it looks to me that they are either to lazy to list the coloured version seperately, don't understand the discogs rules or are hoping to catch someone out.

That said, the grey version has gone for more than that (according to Popsike) and appears quite rare to find on the market. A shop near me has one for a little less than that one in NM (I'm not in the USA).