Angus OST - Green Day, Weezer, Smoking Popes, Etc.

Not to get any one excited pre-maturely, and I'm not sure if this is the right board so feel free to move this post but...

I love the movie Angus - since it came out in the 90's it's remained one of my all time favorite movies. The soundtrack is amazing and I spent many days just jamming it on my basement stereo when I was younger...

I'd love to try to get this pressed, and I was wondering if this is something you guys would buy...if there seems to be a demand for it, I will start pursuing the licensing for this album. The DVD was impossible to find up until recently so this might not even be possible, but I figured I would gauge the demand for it first...

Track listing

This is one of my fave soundtracks of all time... every song is ace.

Believe it or not... Reprise/Warner Germany pressed this in extremely limited quantities around '95 or '96 on vinyl... as they pressed Green Day's Nimrod (never pressed outside Germany, btw, until recently) and Insomniac around the same time.

And yes, I've seen it on eBay only a couple times in the last 10+ years...

This needs a proper vinyl pressing... go for it! Count me in.

This is one of my fave soundtracks of all time... every song is ace.

Believe it or not... Reprise/Warner Germany pressed this in extremely limited quantities around '95 or '96 on vinyl... as they pressed Green Day's Nimrod (never pressed outside Germany, btw, until recently) and Insomniac around the same time.

And yes, I've seen it on eBay only a couple times in the last 10+ years...

This needs a proper vinyl pressing... go for it! Count me in.

Wow...that must have been ridiculously limited. I never saw that when it first came out. I bought Nimrod when it was released, that was fairly prevalent. Damn, guess I better keep my eye out for it.

Wow...that must have been ridiculously limited. I never saw that when it first came out. I bought Nimrod when it was released, that was fairly prevalent. Damn, guess I better keep my eye out for it.

Yeah... it's rarer than the original Nimrod German pressing. Probably about 1000 pressed, if that... The first time I saw it on eBay was during the Weezer hype of 2001 when the Blue Album was going for about $300 and Pinkerton about $150...remember that? Angus sold for about $150 or so, and I recall never wanting to pay that much for the LP.

Then about 2004 or 2005 it came up again and it was a little over $100 with several days left... never followed up on it though...

Every once in a while when the film or a song from the film (and not all the songs from the film was on the official soundtrack - like Empire Records) comes to mind (which is a couple times a year), I check eBay if the LP is listed.... one of the rarest White Whale's for me.

well the response so far is good - I'm def. going to look into this. I've pressed records before but never a re-release and certainly not a movie soundtrack - any one have any connections or know where I should start? Obviously I'm going to contact the labels that were involved in the soundtrack release and Warner Bros, I do have contact with an entertainment lawyer too, so I may ask his advice but I figured if people on here were willing to help make this a reality, it might be beneficial for us all!

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions guys...

Yeah... it's rarer than the original Nimrod German pressing. Probably about 1000 pressed, if that... The first time I saw it on eBay was during the Weezer hype of 2001 when the Blue Album was going for about $300 and Pinkerton about $150...remember that? Angus sold for about $150 or so, and I recall never wanting to pay that much for the LP.

Then about 2004 or 2005 it came up again and it was a little over $100 with several days left... never followed up on it though...

Every once in a while when the film or a song from the film (and not all the songs from the film was on the official soundtrack - like Empire Records) comes to mind (which is a couple times a year), I check eBay if the LP is listed.... one of the rarest White Whale's for me.

I still can't believe this was pressed. Pretty rare for something to get past me, especially in those days when the Goo Goo Dolls were still worth obsessing over (to me.) You don't have to check eBay anymore, though. I'll be sure to let you know when I come across a second copy. :D