THRICE ANNOUNCE ANTHOLOGY 4LP set

Has anyone got their refund from cinder block yet?? I'm still waiting on mine.....

It had been a month with no word, so I emailed and dropped the phrase "filing a claim with my credit card company"....Wouldn't you know it, they got back to me in under 24 hours and my refund hit my account shortly thereafter

it's funny, when I preorder vinyl now I list the incoming vinyl in an excel file. in the release date section, I've gotten into the habit of putting it one month after the expected release. that way, IF it shows up on the actual date, it is a pleasant surprise! that only has happened once though haha, with that recent sum 41 repress

Yes. But these aren't small labels we're talking about. ALSO, if you have to do that fucking LIMIT pre-orders, figure out how much money you need to raise. For the sake of argument, you are doing a run of 500 records, you realize that you need to raise $2500 to get the pressing off the ground, so you sell 100 of them at $25 through pre-order. This 100 have something special (even if just hand numbered) to set them apart as an incentive to buy early. You make a disclaimer stating that it is an INTENDED release date, and that delays happen. The other 400 are sold once they are in hand and have nothing special about them.

/rant

Yes. But these aren't small labels we're talking about. ALSO, if you have to do that fucking LIMIT pre-orders, figure out how much money you need to raise. For the sake of argument, you are doing a run of 500 records, you realize that you need to raise $2500 to get the pressing off the ground, so you sell 100 of them at $25 through pre-order. This 100 have something special (even if just hand numbered) to set them apart as an incentive to buy early. You make a disclaimer stating that it is an INTENDED release date, and that delays happen. The other 400 are sold once they are in hand and have nothing special about them.

/rant

agreed. and I wasn't trying to imply that using preorders as a loan of sorts is right either. I'd be nervous as hell taking money from people with NO product in hand. and how embarrasing when they send a digital download and a PDF of the booklet on the release date, as if that makes up for it. haha, its comedy almost

I'm fine if they use presale money before they have a product to fund the pressing. But what's always peeved me is they wait until 10 DAYS before the Vinyl is supposed to be in my hands to finally let me, who ALREADY PAID, know that they're going to be delayed.

It's bullshit.

These guys probably knew at the end of September/beginning of October that they weren't going to be done. Tell us then. Don't wait until the last minute to be all "oh, uh, we just found out we're not going to make the deadline." Except they don't care. They already have my money.

Terrible business practices. "It takes longer to put the set together than we thought..." Really? So when did you actually START putting the sets together to find this out? Last week?

It's also dumb that they can't give us a future date for when they expect them to be done. They can give a date for a release a month ago, but suddenly they can't give a date for how long the delay will be?

Let's just hope they do it right. We don't need another Alchemy Vinyl debacle: and neither does Thrice.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but usually when you preorder something through amazon, they don't actually charge you until the day it ships. All the preorder did was give them a scale of demand, not funds.

That's pretty much only amazon. Most labels and distros charge upfront. The best example of why its a bad idea using preorders to fund the pressing is MTS pressing TOYPAJ. That's the kind of shit you get into if you aren't careful.

^Same here. However I would much rather them take their time and do it right than rush and mess some other part of it up.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but usually when you preorder something through amazon, they don't actually charge you until the day it ships.

I'm not sure anybody said otherwise. And that's fine, except I ordered through Cinderblock to get the bundle.

All the preorder did was give them a scale of demand, not funds.

Is this true?