MAN ADVICE

I don't really care, it's just stupid to see someone saying that Manhattan is all that is keeping them back. Imagine Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and both Carolinas. Knowing that if something went down you couldn't just drive there and be there at the same point of the day. 

Way I look at it, however bad you think you have it, other couples have it even worse.

I'm only 4.5 hours away from mine. so I think I'm in a medium-distance relationship. It's not terrible but it still sucks for a lot of reasons.

Can't imagine being as far as you are, or across country, OR not even in the same country.

madie is more invested, i think.

yes.

I know jimmythescumbag is being sarcastic but I really do want to know.

you said most of those years were by choice? did something happen that made you give up sex?

i gave up dating in general due to some really bad experiences with several people i dated (2 cheated and 1 was just plain crazy). couple tht with my friends disassociation with me (you know starting families and hanging out with other families) led me to become depressed. over the years i've become better bout things. so slowly im getting back into meeting people, but most times i'm kinda indifferent to a point of not caring... too much effort to do anything with anyone (whether it be sex only, friends, etc).

couple tht with my friends disassociation with me (you know starting families and hanging out with other families)

I was always scared of that happening too. especially since a lot of my friends had babies pretty young and stopped hanging out with me. I took it as them being occupied with a kid, and they took it as me not wanting to hang out with them and their kid (which was also semi-true).

I was always scared of that happening too. especially since a lot of my friends had babies pretty young and stopped hanging out with me. I took it as them being occupied with a kid, and they took it as me not wanting to hang out with them and their kid (which was also semi-true).

I think something like that is inevitable, no matter who you are.  It comes with getting older.  I'm in my early thirties and a lot of my close friends are starting to getting married, having children, buying houses in the suburbs and all that jazz.  I don't see them as frequently because of that.  It's frustrating at times, but all I can do is wish the best for them.  They're just at different points in their life than I am and I can't hold it against them.  That being said, it is a bummer that I can't see those people as regularly as I want.

and we all say "keep in touch" and "lets hang out" and it happens a few times, then less and less.

the friendships get pulled so thin until it disappears.

and then you start making new friends with different tastes than the 20yr old you...and you dont wanna change, but you do.

it seems like it happens overnight.

anyway...back to dong and 'giner talk.

i guess i just have a distorted view of marriage that i'm just beginning to realize. i just don't understand why getting married has to mean settling down. when you decide to spend your life with someone, shouldn't you be looking to have more fun with them?

i guess i just have a distorted view of marriage that i'm just beginning to realize. i just don't understand why getting married has to mean settling down. when you decide to spend your life with someone, shouldn't you be looking to have more fun with them?

This is exactly my view on it. You get to hang with your best friend and continue having awesome adventures with them. However I do see the other side where people stop hanging with people they used to hang out with because life just gets in the way (kids, moving for work, etc). It's really what you and your partner decide to want to do together. 

most of my married friends seem generally miserable, not in love at all.

I actually have the opposite problem where all my married friends are super happy and in love with each other. Yes there are spats every now and again, but overall they are awesome and cool with hanging with everyone.. Then again all but one couple doesn't have kids yet... so there's that.

my wife are as happy as can be..and even with a 4 month old we go out and enjoy each other and the night.

its getting everyone else out (my age)...thats my issue. all those lousy fucks just sit at home all the time..

granted, they have pools, theater rooms, game rooms and live in really nice houses and have stupid girls nights in.

ive been trying to get these assholes together to hang out..but no.

and all my wifes friends are too busy with school and work.

I think there's a difference between love-marriage and cohabitation-marriage.  A couple years ago, the latter was staring me in the face, and I bailed after seeing my life turn into commercial marriage happiness.  It's not what I want.  I want to marry a woman that challenges me, and calls me on my shit, and keeps me on my toes, but is supportive and loving and rad in the sack.  We can have kids when we're ready to procreate little humans that will inevitably take over the world, but I'm fine with it happening organically.  There's a lot of dumbass pressure to marry because that's what people do, and it just ain't true.  I suppose I'm not cut out for the conventional relationship, but once in one, I realized that extreme comfort has to become the enemy.  Like good art, beautiful things can be made when you challenge yourself to navigate boundaries, whatever those boundaries may be.

and we all say "keep in touch" and "lets hang out" and it happens a few times, then less and less.

the friendships get pulled so thin until it disappears.

and then you start making new friends with different tastes than the 20yr old you...and you dont wanna change, but you do.

I'm almost 20 and this post gives me little hope in the future. I guess I'll attempt to enjoy this bus ride home from university, while it lasts.

I think there's a difference between love-marriage and cohabitation-marriage. A couple years ago, the latter was staring me in the face, and I bailed after seeing my life turn into commercial marriage happiness. It's not what I want. I want to marry a woman that challenges me, and calls me on my shit, and keeps me on my toes, but is supportive and loving and rad in the sack. We can have kids when we're ready to procreate little humans that will inevitably take over the world, but I'm fine with it happening organically. There's a lot of dumbass pressure to marry because that's what people do, and it just ain't true. I suppose I'm not cut out for the conventional relationship, but once in one, I realized that extreme comfort has to become the enemy. Like good art, beautiful things can be made when you challenge yourself to navigate boundaries, whatever those boundaries may be.

You are awesome.

I think there's a difference between love-marriage and cohabitation-marriage.  A couple years ago, the latter was staring me in the face, and I bailed after seeing my life turn into commercial marriage happiness.  It's not what I want.  I want to marry a woman that challenges me, and calls me on my shit, and keeps me on my toes, but is supportive and loving and rad in the sack.  We can have kids when we're ready to procreate little humans that will inevitably take over the world, but I'm fine with it happening organically.  There's a lot of dumbass pressure to marry because that's what people do, and it just ain't true.  I suppose I'm not cut out for the conventional relationship, but once in one, I realized that extreme comfort has to become the enemy.  Like good art, beautiful things can be made when you challenge yourself to navigate boundaries, whatever those boundaries may be.

so very much this