MAN ADVICE

i guess it went okay. i was expecting a bit more of a blowout. but i was able to lay it down that, hey.. i know this sucks. but you cant make it seem laboring every time you talk to me. im gonna send her a package tomorrow with a few mix tapes and such. hopefully thatll get her stirred up a bit.

and casey, if there werent a marriage on the way id probably consider it haha.

feel free. it was preceded by me saying that it doesnt seem like shes having any fun. and she kind of made the analogy that weve already been on a couple of roller coasters, and that now were just standing in the longest line ever. which.. kinda yeah.

but she was also saying "whether or not your my boyfriend, youre still not here, and my lifes not going to be any different, so it would be dumb not to stick with this". which when she said it, didnt sound nearly as shitty as it does when i type it out.

she also mentioned that there isnt much fun in it now that weve gotten comfortable, and strayed from all the cute shitwe did when we started out, which was mainly sending each other stuff. and right now, ive got 2 cds to send her, and a 3rd one with a single track... miniature tigers - the very thought of you (ray noble cover). for my birthday she sent me some moleskin notebooks, and i nicely wrote out eveyr line of the song page by page for her.

i did it over a month ago, and always wanted to do more to it, so was apprehensive to send. but at this point ive just gotta deal with what ive got and pray that theyre enough to reignite that flame.

feel free. it was preceded by me saying that it doesnt seem like shes having any fun. and she kind of made the analogy that weve already been on a couple of roller coasters, and that now were just standing in the longest line ever. which.. kinda yeah.

but she was also saying "whether or not your my boyfriend, youre still not here, and my lifes not going to be any different, so it would be dumb not to stick with this". which when she said it, didnt sound nearly as shitty as it does when i type it out.

she also mentioned that there isnt much fun in it now that weve gotten comfortable, and strayed from all the cute shitwe did when we started out, which was mainly sending each other stuff. and right now, ive got 2 cds to send her, and a 3rd one with a single track... miniature tigers - the very thought of you (ray noble cover). for my birthday she sent me some moleskin notebooks, and i nicely wrote out eveyr line of the song page by page for her.

i did it over a month ago, and always wanted to do more to it, so was apprehensive to send. but at this point ive just gotta deal with what ive got and pray that theyre enough to reignite that flame.

When is the next time you plan on seeing her?

there is no next time until i move there. and its probably been addressed in about 6 different threads around here, but im broke. no money=no move.

before this it was

step 1: fall head over heels for each other

step 2: plan trip to meet, go crazy waiting

step 3: meet, fuck, realize were not making it up

step 4: plan next trip, go crazy waiting

step 5: see step 3

step 6: this...

P.S. Madie, unless I missed it on the thread, what ended up happening?

nothing really, we hung out one more time and I told him I don’t want to waste time with someone who doesn’t believe in being monogamous (I said it in a nicer way). He said he would be willing to try it with me but I still think it is sketchy and honestly I don’t want to end up with some disease because he wants to have sex with more than one person. now he just sporadically sends me poems through facebook messaging which I can provide screenshots of if dashhax doesn’t belive me. I hate facebook and facebook chat so that made me not like him even more. I can’t say enough how much I like a man who will actually pick up the phone and call me.

And my friends thought it would be funny to sign me up on christianmingle.com so there’s that.

nothing really, we hung out one more time and I told him I don’t want to waste time with someone who doesn’t believe in being monogamous (I said it in a nicer way). He said he would be willing to try it with me but I still think it is sketchy and honestly I don’t want to end up with some disease because he wants to have sex with more than one person. now he just sporadically sends me poems through facebook messaging which I can provide screenshots of if dashhax doesn’t belive me. I hate facebook and facebook chat so that made me not like him even more. I can’t say enough how much I like a man who will actually pick up the phone and call me.

And my friends thought it would be funny to sign me up on christianmingle.com so there’s that.

I really hope you are not that gullible, I was just joking about you making it up im sure you are telling the truth. You can still have sex with the guy just make sure he wraps it up.

I don't understand Christian Mingle. Doesn't the fact that the service exists negate that whole God has a plan for you stuff? Or, alternatively if you believe God is working through the Sparks LLC group, as some sort of divine web intervention to get you a date, partner or babymaker, how do you explain that Sparks LLC also owns and administers the Jewish dating sites as well. Don't those competing theological views call the effectiveness of the solution into question.

I need answers!

Long distance relationships are interesting. Maybe I'm a bit jaded but the phrase "distance makes the heart grow fonder" comes to mind, because that's what I feel to be true after experiencing one from start to 'finish.' (we still party regularly)

I met a girl in fall of my second year in college, and we fell in love. Months later, her family moved to Arizona, and since she was still dependent on her family, she went with them. With thousands of miles between us we burned through countless phone minute cards, grew calluses on our fingers from nonstop IMing, and racked up the megabytes on our internet plans from all the camming. When she came back to visit in the summer, I ended up proposing to her. She moved back and went to art school here in London, when she could have said no, stayed in the US, and went to the art school in San Fran which she was accepted into. But she said yes and the rest is history... I ruined her life. We were married a year and a half later (making approx 2 years between first date and marriage) and divorced 3.5 years after that.

I dunno what I'm trying to say here. I guess just, be careful with LD relationships. I feel like had my ex and I spent the first few years of our relationship together and in person, we might have seen the qualities that ultimately led to the divorce. But we didn't, and we only saw the pieces of each other that we wanted to show... the best parts.

I really hope you are not that gullible, I was just joking about you making it up im sure you are telling the truth. You can still have sex with the guy just make sure he wraps it up.

I'm just going to answer this with a general 'hell no'

Long distance relationships are interesting. Maybe I'm a bit jaded but the phrase "distance makes the heart grow fonder" comes to mind, because that's what I feel to be true after experiencing one from start to 'finish.' (we still party regularly)

I met a girl in fall of my second year in college, and we fell in love. Months later, her family moved to Arizona, and since she was still dependent on her family, she went with them. With thousands of miles between us we burned through countless phone minute cards, grew calluses on our fingers from nonstop IMing, and racked up the megabytes on our internet plans from all the camming. When she came back to visit in the summer, I ended up proposing to her. She moved back and went to art school here in London, when she could have said no, stayed in the US, and went to the art school in San Fran which she was accepted into. But she said yes and the rest is history... I ruined her life. We were married a year and a half later (making approx 2 years between first date and marriage) and divorced 3.5 years after that.

I dunno what I'm trying to say here. I guess just, be careful with LD relationships. I feel like had my ex and I spent the first few years of our relationship together and in person, we might have seen the qualities that ultimately led to the divorce. But we didn't, and we only saw the pieces of each other that we wanted to show... the best parts.

i don't know you at all, but based on my own shitty actions/experience, i'm sure you didn't ruin her life.

this reminds me of a louis c.k. bit. he's talking about divorice and he's like 'people always want to say "oh I'm so sorry" when they find out you're getting a divorce:

“Let me explain something to you; divorce is always good news. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true. No good marriage has ever ended in divorce. It’s really that simple, that’s never happened.”

LOL at the dude claiming he's polyamorous. Bullshit! If a guy is really into a girl he'd drop that shit in a heartbeat. And if he wasn't a tremendous douchebag he wouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

All guys are polyamorous in one way or another but bringing it up on a first date or with someone you could potentially be in a relationship with is just basically asking permission to cheat, plain and simple. Even bigger LOL to the girls who fall for it

I was in a long distance relationship for about 8 months. but it was different because we were together, in the same town, for 3 years before that. He moved because he got into the school of his dreams or whatever which he eventually dropped out of. I think after he moved we both realized how much we depended on the physical part of our relationship. We eventually broke up because he would call me every day to accuse me of cheating or log into my facebook and read my messages. For a few months after that he would call me crying at night. He even flew back to michigan and showed up at my house with a ring (i swear to god or satan or whoever that this is real life) and flipped out when I said no. He tried to punch me, missed, and ended up cracking his truck windshield. Needless to say I now have a PPO against the man I once thought I would marry. Funny how life works. He was bipolar by the way.

LOL at the dude claiming he's polyamorous. Bullshit! If a guy is really into a girl he'd drop that shit in a heartbeat. And if he wasn't a tremendous douchebag he wouldn't have brought it up to begin with.

All guys are polyamorous in one way or another but bringing it up on a first date or with someone you could potentially be in a relationship with is just basically asking permission to cheat, plain and simple. Even bigger LOL to the girls who fall for it

Rash generalization FTW!