MAN ADVICE

I was in a long distance relationship for about 8 months. but it was different because we were together, in the same town, for 3 years before that. He moved because he got into the school of his dreams or whatever which he eventually dropped out of. I think after he moved we both realized how much we depended on the physical part of our relationship. We eventually broke up because he would call me every day to accuse me of cheating or log into my facebook and read my messages. For a few months after that he would call me crying at night. He even flew back to michigan and showed up at my house with a ring (i swear to god or satan or whoever that this is real life) and flipped out when I said no. He tried to punch me, missed, and ended up cracking his truck windshield. Needless to say I now have a PPO against the man I once thought I would marry. Funny how life works. He was bipolar by the way.

You live a very complicated life Madie.

this thread is like a gold mine for me, I've never gotten to hear such candid/honest relationship stories from a man's point of view. I'm used to my girlfriends complaining about trivial drama.

At what point are you just going to let it go? It's not healthy to keep that shit inside and just hope it works out.

agreed, it's easy to allow yourself to let poor situations linger when the outcome could be potentially bad, but there is only so much you can allow yourself to go through via the opposite sex

well through the conversation last night, ive realized that a lot of what happens is that she maintains this "well thats how it is, and were just gonna have to deal with it" attitude... and while im trying to make a point, she comes in with that and what i had the intention of saying seems like it loses its levity.

ive always been much better at saying what i have to in writing. so im gonna send her a really long-winded email tonight. now im just trying to decide if i should smoke first.

if i couldnt get out what i wanted to through skype, a phone call wont do me any better.

writing it just allows me way more peace of mind in being able to say every single thing i want to say, and getting it out there in just the right way without letting the heat of the moment interfere.

it probably goes back to how bad i am with confrontation. and theres a lot of necessary finger pointing going on in this here letter.

oh casey! quit being such a stranger around here.

im patiently awaiting her response which should be coming shortly.

although she didnt even acknowledge receiving it until about an hour ago when i had to text her and ask. "ive been busy with this this and this all day". okay, fine. but does that really mean its cool to just avoid me all day after i spill my heart out?

women are the worst.