Weezer Blue Album on Back to Black - August 13th

so the mfsl stuff is legit? or at least more so than that "hot stamper" deal?

MoFi is legit. Their releases for older, "classic" albums aren't always considered the best, but they actually do remaster the album. Basically, if you don't own the Blue Album you don't have to worry about it sounding like crap. They are good pressings.

I will be getting this, but not the EP. Paid $6.99 for the CD way-back-when and that's good enough.

Back to Black seems to be more of a 'let's get this on vinyl and sell some more copies' where as mofi is about getting ahold of the best source, mastering at half speed, pressing at a quality plant and providing a quality product. Their remastering of Beck - Sea Change is absolutely phenomenal. I really look forward to their blue album pressing (the press release says they put a lot of effort into making it sound better than ever) and their upcoming Miles Davis pressings.

Think I had a Burzum record repress from Back on Black and they did a really nice job overall.

Back on Black does metal reissues, Back to Black is the vinyl reissue arm of Universal Music.

As someone said, Back to Black has a pretty middling reputation. Lot of CD masters, noisy pressings, etc. MoFi, on the other hand, is legit. If choosing between the 2, I'd rather pay $10 more for a version remastered from tapes that possibly sounds better than original pressing vs. one where they probably sent a random master to a pressing plant.

I do wish MoFi didn't put the "Original Master Recording" bar at the top, it makes it look like a special edition DVD.