Weezer Blue Album on Back to Black - August 13th

Yeah, there's about 30 seconds of an acceptance speech Rivers gives after "Scott just won a Grammy" that was cut accidentally from the CD release also. The band originally put the uncut version up for download back in the day, but it's disappointing that they didn't take this chance to fix things. There was also censored profanity on the CD release that I was hoping would be uncensored for this. I think it was in the stage banter after Falling For You. Rivers says, "Yeeeah we didn't f-ck it up!" Is it still censored?

yea, still censored

Got my MoFi pressing today too. Agree with the rest of you guys, excellent release all around, from packaging to sound. Definitely worth the $30, and I had a tough time buying it originally because of that price.

Not too interested in any future Weezer releases, as the only other record I really like by them is Pinkerton, and I already have that nice 4x LP from a few years back.

And Soundstage direct will open it and ship the LP outside of the gatefold.

Their sleeve is antistatic too and the shipper has the record in another box inside.

I've ordered a couple from them and they do a really really good job packaging.

They pride themselves on it to the point where your invoice says who packaged it and has a letter of gratitude and business card.

You get your money's worth for sure.

Why does everyone prefer MoFi over Back to Black? Is there something about the Back to Black I should know about?

http://www.mofi.com/...p/mfsl1-390.htm Just read about it and you'll see why its the preferred reissue

All This talk about the MFSL pressing made me buy it... Damn you people.

its okay because my euro pressing has an issue on "only in dreams" and it pisses me off every time I try to listen to it.

Yeah between this thread and the link I posted above I caved...after swearing I was gonna cut back on records for a bit

I asked Soundstage Direct to remove the record from the jacket before shipping it to avoid seam splits. it's pretty common with 180g pressings.

Probably a good idea. It annoys me a bit when it happens but as long as the art is not messed up and the LPs themselves are in-tact and sound good I don't care too much. I mean I hate having to tape them up and see the cut when I reach for them but in the end the jacket is there to store and protect the record so a little wear is not gonna kill it. I don't have any plans to sell the bulk of my record collection so I guess the only thing it affects is resell value.