CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

I don't think I do. Not to insult your credibility, but my mind is really struggling to take that logic seriously.

let's be fair, there is no logic behind "variant collecting" to begin with. this way, I can actually enjoy the art and beauty of them every day. to each his own, but to me, it's fucking stunning. much more than seeing the same spine 11X over on my shelf.

There are differences between the CD, digital, and vinyl masters, and he has talked about them in interviews (tried finding links, couldn't, I know it's talked about in Decibel) but there is only 1 master for vinyl.

yeah, decibel! that's where I read about it. my mistake... and thanks for the info

Not jumping down your throat by any means -- you're entitled to do what you wish with your records. I just want to see it.

no man, no offense taken. I will post pics as soon as I can! actually been wanting to for a while, and I'm about to throw up my Unloved collection once I get the frames in. But I knew I would catch flack for it haha

the way I have done it, I think, is tasteful... I don't have cheesy matted frames with gold plaques or anything haha. I just have the standard album jacket up, and "picture disc" frames for the actual LPs... they are round and leave no gap between the frame and the disc. so they kinda just look more like tiles on the wall. I dig it.

hey juan is that clear yellow-ish one the uk variant or a different variant? the uk one looked more orange-ish.

The translucent yellow is the exclusive for Kings Road Merch & Epitaph online store.

The one the band has on their Euro tour is more red/orange w/ black smoke. I think a pic was posted a few pages ago of that one.

So... I have a confession to make and I hope you guys dont hate me for it

...I've never listened to converge. Where should I start?

start with this album. it's their best work yet. enjoy the ride.

edit: then, work backwards.... this is a band that seriously has gotten more and more refined with each release. like a well-oiled machine, they are.

Edited by amnstypls

Probably with this record, Toki. It's quite possibly their most accessible for first time listeners, but still packs everything that makes Converge Converge.

Basically. Then move to Axe to Fall. Then it's wide open from there, but I'd recommend You Fail Me and Petitioning The Empty Sky and When Forever Comes Crashing. Close it all out with Jane Doe and No Heroes.