CONVERGE - All We Love We Leave Behind

Because cassettes contain music, people like to listen to (and often enjoy) said music while at home or even on the go (purely a matter of preference as to where each individual enjoys their own music listening experience).  

I think he means why are people buying tapes like they're made of gold, 

Because cassettes contain music, people like to listen to (and often enjoy) said music while at home or even on the go (purely a matter of preference as to where each individual enjoys their own music listening experience).  

Nobody actually likes cassettes for listening to music do they? I thought they were just collectors pieces really

I guess the more pertinent question should have been, why are they selling tapes?

The answer to this one is easy, because they can. I'd make them too if it was me in charge and people were buying them.

I wasn't making a fuss about people buying tapes, they can do whatever they want with their money. I was just wondering if I had missed something and there was actually something positive about the sound from a tape rather than it just being part of a real life collect 'em up. The car stereo was a good one, lots of people do have cars with tape decks. Having said that I'm pretty sure that most people buying them will be collectors and the tapes will never be played. Not that I have a problem with that.

I have a tape player in my car and occasionally buy tapes for that sole purpose. I'm not into collecting tapes, sometimes it's just nostalgic fun to crack open a tape and throw it into my car's tape deck. I still have all my old Black Flag, Descendents, Screeching Weasel, etc. tapes that I listen to regularly in my car.

Tre, you have any clear copies sitting around the office? I'll donate extra to your favorite dog charity (or something equivocal) and send you guys cupcakes. I'd much rather you, (or a worthwhile charity) get my money, than some jerk on ebay, you know what I'm saying.

Please... I'm asking nicely!

(it doesn't hurt to ask, eh?)