PO: Further Seems Forever - Penny Black

Why don't you like the single? It sounds like Gleason-era FSF sung by Carrabba. Best of both worlds.

To me and this is strictly my opinion on it, it sounds very polished and reminds me a lot of DC. I can listen to FSF (CC era) and DC (pre AMAMABAS) and know the difference but this just sounds like DC from A Mark and on, he (they) lost me on that album. I may be very much in the minority but I haven't picked up a DC album since. Also, it feels like radio friendly DC. Yes, I understand the first single is meant for that but FSF was never a radio band, at least to me, and they still built a solid following, even after changing singers. I'll listen to the single a few more times because I really want to like this album but I'm very weary on it. With that being said, I certainly will check the whole thing out once it drops (or leaks) and decide whether I want to buy it.

To me and this is strictly my opinion on it, it sounds very polished and reminds me a lot of DC. I can listen to FSF (CC era) and DC (pre AMAMABAS) and know the difference but this just sounds like DC from A Mark and on, he (they) lost me on that album. I may be very much in the minority but I haven't picked up a DC album since. Also, it feels like radio friendly DC. Yes, I understand the first single is meant for that but FSF was never a radio band, at least to me, and they still built a solid following, even after changing singers. I'll listen to the single a few more times because I really want to like this album but I'm very weary on it. With that being said, I certainly will check the whole thing out once it drops (or leaks) and decide whether I want to buy it.

agree with all this.

Definitly agree....

does anyone else hate the coverart? i've pretty much hated all further seems forever art other than the moon is down.

Don't quite hate the cover art, but don't care for it all.

Seconding Thomas' thoughts about the sound. Glossy, polished, to the point of being over-produced. I'm going to see them live in a couple weeks, and I desperately hope they'll be leaning heavily on their back catalog.

i dig the new song...

Holy moly, Cabrera's auto-tuned voice during the chorus sounds like shit. I don't get why artists and producers think autotune/pitch correction sounds good. It really doesn't, but I guess most listeners are oblivious to it.

I'll hold off on ordering this seeing as how The Moon is Down is the only album I like from them and this new track pretty much blows in comparison.

autotune is really easy to hear and i'm hearing it at all.

dig the song personally and agree with Scott that it sounds like Carrabba singing to Gleason era FSF.

The 7" is /500 and the clear LP is /300 so unless they blow through those bundles and swap out the clear with the green/red I'd say they will wind up selling it separately later on. I still think overall I'd like the Interpunk variant the most, so I'll probably order that and hold out for the 7" to go up on its own.