My Greatest Vinyl Find...

My Mom was clearing out a box of old stuff and found this today:

7909605810_a33dd1a731.jpg

I thought I'd lost it many years ago but this record was the first I ever owned. When I was 6 in 1983 my Dad did a case for Dave Stewart of Eurythmics fame. As a thank you for all his efforts Dave had my father, my sister and myself join him at their concert at the Garden State Arts Center (Now PNC Bank Arts Center). Backstage I was given this record and it was signed to me by both Dave and Annie Lennox. That night The Eurythmics became my first concert and I was hooked on music from there.

When I was 6 this was my greatest treasure, I have no idea why I lost it but it's awesome to have this back. This could become the first record I frame but I'll probably just prop it up on a shelf.

Found a copy of Mike Watt's Ballhog or Tugboat on blue vinyl signed for five bucks in a used bin.

Such a good album that has to hold some record for most guest musicians.

maggot brain is a killersong. a friend of mine said: "j. is fucking his guitar on thisone." that pretty much nails it imo. a great album.

maggot brain is a killersong. a friend of mine said: "j. is fucking his guitar on thisone." that pretty much nails it imo. a great album.

Yeah!

Bernie Worrell + Mike Watt + J Mascis is such a great trio for a track.

Against the 70s with Eddie Vedder kicks as much ass as some of the best Pearl Jam songs (IMO)

Flea, some beasties, Frank, Hank... such a gem and Piss Bottle Man is such a great song!

• 1 month later...

I had a run at a local record sale that I think a few of you might find exciting. Here is my list:

LPs:

Beatles "Yesterday and Today" 2nd State Cover - $1.40

Man or Atroman "Project Infinity" $10

Noah and the Whale "The A Sides" $1.40

Agoraphobic Nosebleed/Cattle Press split $3

Anti Flag "Underground Network" $3

7"s - Each is only a quarter - yes, 25 cents.

Botch/Cave-In split

The Khayembii Communique s/t (If you are into 90s screamo/emo then please check out this gem)

Black Cat #13 "I Blast Off" 1st press on peach

Creation is Crucifixion/Unruh Tour Split 7"

Jejune/Lazycain split

Inhumanity "Ocuultonomy"

Spread the Disease 7"

Pegboy/Kepone 7"

Mistreaters 7" (cool Estrus stuff)

Nostalgia is a beast

TRUTH! I bought my first LP by mailing into Asian Man Records mail order before the Internet was all high-speed and shit.

Chumps on Parade by MU330. Couldn't think of a better first LP for me. Still think about the first time I spun it anytime I hear a song off it <3

TRUTH! I bought my first LP by mailing into Asian Man Records mail order before the Internet was all high-speed and shit.

Chumps on Parade by MU330. Couldn't think of a better first LP for me. Still think about the first time I spun it anytime I hear a song off it <3

Got a test press of that album from an Asian man charity drive on eBay a number of years ago. One of my favorites.

• 5 weeks later...