PO: Say Anything - In Defense Of The Genre

God dammit, I hate it when bands try new things and grow as musicians. Every albums that sounds different sucks. Fuck progression. Radaradaradarada.

Now that that's out of the way. I really just don't like most of the songs on Anarchy. I love Real Boy, In Defense, and S/T in their owns ways, and Anarchy isn't a bad album, I'm just not diggin' it.

God dammit, I hate it when bands try new things and grow as musicians. Every albums that sounds different sucks. Fuck progression. Radaradaradarada.

Now that that's out of the way. I really just don't like most of the songs on Anarchy. I love Real Boy, In Defense, and S/T in their owns ways, and Anarchy isn't a bad album, I'm just not diggin' it.

Fair enough. I only listen to it at nights for the most part but what I love most about it is the how strong the musicianship is in it. Lyrics are ok ...not their best but their is a lot of little things that keep me coming back to that album on long nights.

Yesterday at the show in Anaheim, they said that some early recordings would be released for people to own on a physical copy. They did one song off said release, but I really wasn't paying attention to what release he was talking about and couldn't recognize the song. But yeah, my first thoughts were that this could be another vinyl release. He said like, within a year's time.

Yesterday at the show in Anaheim, they said that some early recordings would be released for people to own on a physical copy. They did one song off said release, but I really wasn't paying attention to what release he was talking about and couldn't recognize the song. But yeah, my first thoughts were that this could be another vinyl release. He said like, within a year's time.

I'm guessing it was Colorblind from Baseball since they've been playing that one live for about a year now.

This would be pretty cool!

I was going through some files the other day and I just remembered that prior to the release of In Defense of the Genre, Say Anything performed a lot of these tracks live at the Gibson Showroom / on PunkRadioCast. It would be amazing if Sony would let us release them on vinyl. They turned out awesome. Thrice also performed that day. I am pretty sure for both it would be pretty hard to get that approved, but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...