PO: Say Anything - In Defense Of The Genre

Just got this email from SRC

"Hello

As you know Say Anything "In Defense of the Genre" 2XLP pressing is coming out next week! It has just been brought to our attention that due to a pressing error the purple and gold variant were accidentally switched. The "Purple" variant limited to 500 variant is actually "Gold" limited to 500 copies. The purple is now the Hot Topic exclusive limited to 1,500 copies. We apologize for this!! If you require a refund please let us know ASAP. Otherwise expect to receive a Gold record limited to 500 copies.

Once again the pressing info is as follows:

Gold (LTD to 500 copies)

180 Gram Black (LTD to 500 copies)

Purple (LTD to 1,500 available at Hot Topic sometime in February!)"

Pretty bummed! I was excited for my purple copy. I may just have to buy the hot topic version now too

Just got this e-mail:

Hello

As you know Say Anything "In Defense of the Genre" 2XLP pressing is coming out next week! It has just been brought to our attention that due to a pressing error the purple and gold variant were accidentally switched. The "Purple" variant limited to 500 variant is actually "Gold" limited to 500 copies. The purple is now the Hot Topic exclusive limited to 1,500 copies. We apologize for this!! If you require a refund please let us know ASAP. Otherwise expect to receive a Gold record limited to 500 copies.

Once again the pressing info is as follows:

Gold (LTD to 500 copies)
180 Gram Black (LTD to 500 copies)
Purple (LTD to 1,500 available at Hot Topic sometime in February!)

Thank you,

Jenna Miles
[email protected]
1-888-747-3899

Ignorance is bliss, I guess. I'm not even gonna point out what's wrong with that statement.

No go ahead. I would love to hear this. I know that really the difference would only be noticeable on rather high end equipment but its not like there is a difference in price or that the color really adds anything special to it. I enjoy colored vinyl and there are some colors I think fit an album just perfect but that is not the only thing I take into consideration. I plan to hold on to this album and not just flip it claiming its a rare color or something. I would prefer to get the most for my money. Also I think black would look pretty good for this. I think I would of went for color if they had 1 gold and 1 purple but in the end I am buying this to listen to and not to just hang on the wall or show off in threads and tumblr posts.

Also why do you care? better question at hand. I am not shelling out extra money to get some specific version. I just want an album I enjoy so don't be a pompous ass.

I really don't give two shits what you do with your money. I just get frustrated every time I hear people say that 180g magically sounds better when it uses the exact same masters. Yeah, 180g is thicker and feels nicer, but every single discussion I've read on it ends the same way. And, your point about not caring about the most limited variant doesn't work on this release, since gold (originally purple) and 180g have the same pressing numbers, which are 1/3 the numbers of purple (originally gold.) It also annoys me when companies charge $3 more for 180g, even though this isn't the case now. I'm not saying anything about your choice in 180g over color, I know plenty of people who prefer black vinyl, or 180g vinyl. I'm saying something because I find it silly when people say they buy it because it sounds better. Realistically, you wouldn't be able to flip a color copy of this any easier than a black. There are 2500 copies of this, 2000 of which are on color. I'm buying the color variants of this because purple and gold go well with it, and to me, that is adding "something special."

Had you of said "I'm buying 160g because its heavier!" Or "because it's plain black" or even "because I like 180g!" I wouldn't have said anything.