that samsung galaxy commercial...

4g isn't actually 4g it's slightly better than 3G. True 4g is 1000 mb/s standing still and 100 mb/s moving, but neither AT&T nor Verizon wanted to work toward that Southey pressured the comission on data standards and they changed the meaning of 4g to match their standards. The BS their passing off as 4g is a bunch a bullshit and a marketing tool.

Edit: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G#section_1

4g isn't actually 4g it's slightly better than 3G. True 4g is 1000 mb/s standing still and 100 mb/s moving, but neither AT&T nor Verizon wanted to work toward that Southey pressured the comission on data standards and they changed the meaning of 4g to match their standards. The BS their passing off as 4g is a bunch a bullshit and a marketing tool.

Edit: http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/4G#section_1

I didn't really read all the way through all that wikipedia stuff but it seems like the gap between 3G and "true" 4G is huge. Can't really blame them for wanting to be able to market phones that are multiple times faster without calling it a 3.4G phone or something like that.

o-IT-DOESNT-TAKE-A-GENIUS-SAMSUNG-570.jpg?4

as an admitted apple hater, I enjoy the whinyness of [the editting on] this poster/flyer.

Up to 8 hrs talk time vs. Up to 11.4 hrs talk time -- Practical for telemarketers

are you kidding me? 11.4 hours is too much, but 8 hours is the perfect amount? who complains about more battery life?

16, 32, or 64GB fixed internal storage vs. 16 or 32 fixed + up to 64GB microSD storage -- Never misplace the SD card

how often do people take out SD cards from their phones? how is having 96GB of storage (32 fixed + 64 microSD) not better than 64GB fixed if you never really need to take the SD card out and if you can upgrade from 32GB to 96GB for the price of an SD card whenever you feel like it?

I could go on, but why didn't they just keep it simple and draw a mustache and devil horns--or at least a penis penetrating the speaker--on the galaxy s3?

as an admitted apple hater, I enjoy the whinyness of [the editting on] this poster/flyer.

are you kidding me? 11.4 hours is too much, but 8 hours is the perfect amount? who complains about more battery life?

how often do people take out SD cards from their phones? how is having 96GB of storage (32 fixed + 64 microSD) not better than 64GB fixed if you never really need to take the SD card out and if you can upgrade from 32GB to 96GB for the price of an SD card whenever you feel like it?

I could go on, but why didn't they just keep it simple and draw a mustache and devil horns--or at least a penis penetrating the speaker--on the galaxy s3?

Totally agree. That altered ad is just littered with BS. I'm not a Apple hater either, I own a Macbook Pro, iPod classic, but a Android phone. I like iOS just as much as Android, but I just don't like the iPhone itself. The lack of expandable memory was one of the major factors in me not getting a iPhone in the past. That and the small size, my hands are just too damn big for such a narrow phone. Maybe Apple will do the next update right and who knows, I may switch.

How should you attack Apple if you are Samsung?

The point is you don't attack Apple. Apple sells products because they are Apple. They noted that the 14 year old upper middle class demographic has their parents money to throw away and they came in and destroyed it. They noted that sleek, no matter how shitty will always win. Apple is by far one of the greatest marketing companies of our lifetime, they've literally sold the most mediocre shit since conception and yet nothing will slow them down. They won their market share through advertising and hype, no other company can compete with that. They saw North America for what it was, a shallow, hollow, hole and exploited it to the max.

When it comes to computers they had a bit more of an advantage. As a guy who can get by on a computer but has no real knowledge about them, I will 100% every single time buy an Apple computer if it means that I don't have to deal with Windows. Yes, I will pay 3x the money for a shittier computer so long as it means I don't have to touch that operating system. I know it has way less ram, memory, video cards, whatever the fuck else, but I couldn't give a shit because it means not dealing with Windows.

Phones though are a lost cause. Apple is cool as shit overall. I don't feel that way personally and I'm guessing 99% of you don't feel that way either but that's the point. They couldn't care less about all you people that know shit. You guys are just a pain in their ass, why would they aim for you when you are the people who will take advantage of warranty plans and understand how phones work when shit breaks? Fuck that, they want the dumbasses who will throw away their 4S the second the 5 comes out. And they have that market already so why would they go out of their way to please you, the ones who will never be happy?

Want to know what isn't cool when your parents will pay for everything? A fucking Samsung. What the fuck does Samsung make? Who is even in their commercials? What these phones actually do MEANS NOTHING. That's the most beautiful point in all of this. Not only do they have people lining up and stomping over their peers for this shit, they have a ton of people who can't stop talking about their phones and how terrible they are that by the time you get to the store, you want one just to piss that asshole off.

I feel pretty much the same way as Kyle. Apple is one of the best marketed companies of all time and that is about all the nice things I can say about them.

Doesn't anyone remember the Mac vs. PC comercials? It was pretty much the same thing. Boring/nerdy pc guy vs. hipster cool funny mac guy.....

Anyone who has their world shaken by a phone commercial needs to get outside more.