VC Secret Santa (version 5.0) Final Update 02/07/2013

Got my SS gift right before I left work yesterday evening, and it's amazing!

8253305566_32107963cc_z.jpg

New Caspian and Tim Barry LPs (both of which I've been meaning to buy, but have put off because of my current cross-country living situation), plus an album by Reverse the Curse, a band that I'm unfamiliar with, but is from my hometown. Also included Heks Orkest and The Gloria Record 7"s, and some stickers. And the coup de grâce, a McDonald's promo flexi from the 80s. Seven months ago, in a thread here on VC, I mentioned that I used to have this flexi... and my Santa hunted it down.

Many thinks to my Secret Santa, Sr. Scott Heisel. The entire package is well thought out, and much appreciated.

So glad you dig! Apologies for not including a mix CD but I was out of blank CDs. I will send you one soon, though! Also, I didn't give that McDonald's flexi a spin before shipping it off to you, so if you do in fact win $1,000,000, please cut me in a few percentage points.

Had some problems with my stuff, but it will be in the mail tomorrow... Sucky :(

On a happier note, mine came a few weeks back and was super awesome. I feel like the guy who sent mine should live near me so we can grab some food and a show! Thanks dude!

Hey that was me!! Glad you liked it!

Got mine yesterday, just grabbed my package this morning, it is fucking kickass! Pics to follow.

EDIT:

IMG_0474.jpg

It was pack very well, I have some ideas as to who it is, but I'm going to do some digging before venturing a guess ;)

The package contained:

1. Rockabye Baby download card (downloading the NIN album now!)
  2. A mix CD with notes regarding the significance of about half of the songs on there
  3. A copy of the Jinglecats Holiday album :P
  4. Alexisonfire/Moneen Switcheroo EP (with a note saying that if I already have it, pass it on, I did not in fact have it, thanks!)
  5. RSD Monster Truck/DZ Deathrayz split 7" (I did actually have this already, forgot to update my list, d'oh! I know who to give it to for christmas though ;))
  6. Thrice/Thursday split 7" (awesome!)
  7. A Night Owls printing company 45 adapter
  8. Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman (looking interesting, good reviews)
  9. A Speed City Records bumper sticker (one of many clues to who the SS is)
  10. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach (stoked!)

Every item had a note with a hint, this was super well thought out, kudos!

he bought that gorillaz LP off of me; so awesome to be able to see that it has found it's way to a good home. that LP sounds amazing. and the artwork on the inserts is the tits too. man I wish I had participated in this.

scott, didnt your label put out the heks orkest 7"?

nevermind, thought someone gifted that to you, but it was the other way around.

Haha, that would be super-funny if someone sent me back a record I put out. Shit, I still haven't gotten my secret santa package yet, so there's still hope!

Girlfriend informed me a large package arrived for me. Hoping its my SS.

edit: it seems to be my SS. I am going to wait until christmas to open it, but im very stoked.

But what if your Santa got things from your want list? If you wait you may not longer need what's in the box!

Finally broke down and opened mine last night, I thought I could make it til Christmas.  Awesome awesomeness was found inside.  

- Lawrence Arms- The Greatest Story Ever Told LP

- NOFX- Cokie the Clown 7"

- Agent 7", I hadn't heard of this band before, but goddamn it's really good 90s style emo

- Prince- Batdance 7", that's right, PRINCE

- awesome beer bottle opener magnet that's currently chilling on my fridge

- mix CD

- tons of stickers

- little 7" ashtray/bowl thingy

- Children of the Corn blu-ray

- The Thing blu-ray

Very stoked for all of this.  I have no clue who it may have been.  But to whomever it was, I've been having a terrible month and this really really helped.  

Looks like you should open it

So I opened it. Damn you peer pressure! But I'm glad I did, I got Old Crow Medicine Show-Carry Me Back and Daft Punk-Homework along with like 15 custom made Alabama buttons and a mexican chili dark chocolate bar(less sugar, for the diabetes and such) which has me very intrigued. Some tiny zombie figures, which are cool and will look nice next to my finn and jake figures. Last but certainly not least, the mix cd is probably my favorite part. the artwork was custom made and it looks professionally done. It looks like I walked into a store and bought the most bad ass country western mix there! I am really happy with my box and i don't think I could have asked for a better one! thank you very much to, I assume, JeffersonHowell!

Finally broke down and opened mine last night, I thought I could make it til Christmas.  Awesome awesomeness was found inside.  

- Lawrence Arms- The Greatest Story Ever Told LP

- NOFX- Cokie the Clown 7"

- Agent 7", I hadn't heard of this band before, but goddamn it's really good 90s style emo

- Prince- Batdance 7", that's right, PRINCE

- awesome beer bottle opener magnet that's currently chilling on my fridge

- mix CD

- tons of stickers

- little 7" ashtray/bowl thingy

- Children of the Corn blu-ray

- The Thing blu-ray

Very stoked for all of this.  I have no clue who it may have been.  But to whomever it was, I've been having a terrible month and this really really helped.  

Isn't that what secret santa is for? Glad it helped your week, Ronnie! Also glad you liked it. And, if there isn't a fat wreck shirt in there, I don't know what happened to it.