VC Secret Santa (version 5.0) Final Update 02/07/2013

I sent to Diabretic, he seemed to like it alright? I didn't realize people were going so big or I maybe would of threw a couple other things together. And I got one, but no damn clue who it was from? Someone from SC?

Thanks again, whoever you are!

Hey Jeff, I was your Secret Santa. I'm stoked that you liked what I got ya! :D 

Sorry for the delayed post on the thread. I honestly forgot about posting back here. 

I don't really know who was my Secret Santa. But I got some seriously awesome sawg:

- Justin Pierre hand drawn (trading card?) Love it. 

- Motion City Soundtrack/Matchbook Romance Split 10"

- Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

- 2 really great mix cds. 

- A Charleston Chew candy bar. 

- and a few comics. 

Whoever was my Santa, I love you. I seriously didn't expect all of what I got. Especially the hand drawn Justin Pierre card. So rad. haha 

-

I don't really know who was my Secret Santa. But I got some seriously awesome sawg:

- Justin Pierre hand drawn (trading card?) Love it. 

- Motion City Soundtrack/Matchbook Romance Split 10"

- Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

- 2 really great mix cds. 

- A Charleston Chew candy bar. 

- and a few comics. 

Whoever was my Santa, I love you. I seriously didn't expect all of what I got. Especially the hand drawn Justin Pierre card. So rad. haha 

-

I'm glad you liked it, man! Credit to lecheconmiel for the card (she was the illustrator) and helping track down/obtain a lot. The printed hint I put in there made more sense before when I had Henry Rollins as my avatar. Haha.

Hey Jeff, I was your Secret Santa. I'm stoked that you liked what I got ya! :D

Sorry for the delayed post on the thread. I honestly forgot about posting back here. 

Yeah it was great. The zine was cool and the funny thing about the 12" was I'd been wanting it for a while but kept putting it off since it was always a little pricey for a single. So it was a perfect thing to get really. Everything else was just icing. 

Justin was my SS and sent me some pretty cool and random stuff. 

2013_01_18_18_53_40.jpg

1) A Pirates Press 36"x48" 1500 piece puzzle with a very large poster. 

2) 2002 Remastered Version of Dag Nasty's "Can I Say"

3) Cheap Trick's "In Color"

4) Cheech & Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant / Wink Dinkerson"

5) Journey's "Separate Ways (World/s Apart) / Frontiers"

6) The Venture's "Hawaii Five-O" 

7) A long note with explanations of each item which said there was a mix CD in the package but I couldn't find it - was it stuck in somewhere?

Overall I'm pretty happy with the package. The puzzle is really sweet, I wasn't expecting it. That Dag Nasty album is one of my favorite punk records of all time as well - it has been on my eBay save list for a while now as I want the original copy, but I never wind up winning it. You really hit the nail on the head with this album, it is my favorite work from Dave Smalley. I am interested in how the remastering sounds. I heard bad things about the Dischord repress hence why I keep trying to grab an original. I actually tried my damnedest to get reasonably priced tickets for their show with Shawn in DC for my birthday this year, but wound up in Asbury Park for the Bouncing Souls festivities instead. I actually never really gave Cheap Trick  a solid chance, but I do like the song "Hello There" so I will give a spin. Cheech and Chong 7" reminds me of my Dad as well, he got me into them and Beavis & Butthead at a young age much to the dismay of my Mom. Journey is one of those ah what the hell 45s I can throw on randomly. The Ventures "Hawaii Five-O" is a pretty sweet surf song and I haven't heard the B-Side yet. 

Thanks, Justin! And let me know about that CD I'd be interested in listening to it. 

Justin was my SS and sent me some pretty cool and random stuff. 

2013_01_18_18_53_40.jpg

1) A Pirates Press 36"x48" 1500 piece puzzle with a very large poster. 

2) 2002 Remastered Version of Dag Nasty's "Can I Say"

3) Cheap Trick's "In Color"

4) Cheech & Chong's "Sister Mary Elephant / Wink Dinkerson"

5) Journey's "Separate Ways (World/s Apart) / Frontiers"

6) The Venture's "Hawaii Five-O" 

7) A long note with explanations of each item which said there was a mix CD in the package but I couldn't find it - was it stuck in somewhere?

Overall I'm pretty happy with the package. The puzzle is really sweet, I wasn't expecting it. That Dag Nasty album is one of my favorite punk records of all time as well - it has been on my eBay save list for a while now as I want the original copy, but I never wind up winning it. You really hit the nail on the head with this album, it is my favorite work from Dave Smalley. I am interested in how the remastering sounds. I heard bad things about the Dischord repress hence why I keep trying to grab an original. I actually tried my damnedest to get reasonably priced tickets for their show with Shawn in DC for my birthday this year, but wound up in Asbury Park for the Bouncing Souls festivities instead. I actually never really gave Cheap Trick  a solid chance, but I do like the song "Hello There" so I will give a spin. Cheech and Chong 7" reminds me of my Dad as well, he got me into them and Beavis & Butthead at a young age much to the dismay of my Mom. Journey is one of those ah what the hell 45s I can throw on randomly. The Ventures "Hawaii Five-O" is a pretty sweet surf song and I haven't heard the B-Side yet. 

Thanks, Justin! And let me know about that CD I'd be interested in listening to it. 

Ah crap, I must have forgotten to put it in there, my office is a mess, i'll find that and send it out right away!

the Journey 7" was pretty random, and was one of the first things I found and was hoping to find a bunch of cool random singles. It's a fun song.

Got my stuff in the mail yesterday. I got a Lumineers 10" and a Chamberlain 12"--I've never listened to either band so I'm excited to try out some new music! Also got a bunch of mix CD's but I haven't popped them in yet. It's cool, I know I was super hard to get for seeing as I had like 40 posts when I signed up so I appreciate it.

The guy I got for SS also sent me something, gkersey is a solid dude. Had fun this year!

Got my stuff in the mail yesterday. I got a Lumineers 10" and a Chamberlain 12"--I've never listened to either band so I'm excited to try out some new music! Also got a bunch of mix CD's but I haven't popped them in yet. It's cool, I know I was super hard to get for seeing as I had like 40 posts when I signed up so I appreciate it.

The guy I got for SS also sent me something, gkersey is a solid dude. Had fun this year!

What's that a picture of in your avatar?

bkbrandonk I packed up a care package for you today for having to wait so long. I messaged all the people that hadn't received anything last week. If you are expecting your package and haven't gotten it yet just give me your address anyways having to wait so long blows.