VC - Who are you voting for in the presidential election?

VC - Who are you voting for next month?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

• Barack Obama (Democrat)
    • Mitt Romney (Republican)
    • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
    • Jill Stein (Green)
    • Virgil Goode (Constitution)
    • Write-In
    • Not Voting

between watching wolves games on FOX sports (providing the "anti-gay / pro voter ID / pro bachmann" trifecta of stupidity) and people on facebook "like"ing romney and posting pictures from the opening of deer season, I'm about to snap...

if you seriously think voting for bachmann is less harmful to our country than gay marriage or non-existant voter fraud... [heavy sigh]. I'm pretty sure I could say the same for romney, but I haven't heard what his stance on the issues is today

It is crazy to think that this country is supposed to be about freedom and equality (which the republicans keep spouting off about) yet they push so hard to keep homosexuals as a second tier of citizens. You would think they would have learned from the Civil Rights movement of the 60's that it will eventually pass no matter how long you drag your feet, and that they will just look like giant bigot douchebags in ten years.

You would think they would have learned from the Civil Rights movement of the 60's that it will eventually pass no matter how long you drag your feet, and that they will just look like giant bigot douchebags in ten years.

This, my girlfriend said months ago that this is the civil rights movement of our generation. I do not understand how people fight against it, look at what happened to people on the other side of civil rights...

what's everyone doing for election night?

i'm probably heading to the polls after work and then taking a short nap and heading to the local watering hole to watch coverage and drink brews.

hadn't even thought of it. i'll either go out for some drinks, or play halo. lots and lots of halo.

in 08, we stayed at my friends house without cable. just avoided tv all together, and waited for someone to text us a decision.

came in here to say that i just turned a complete 180 on my decision for MA senate. i was all set to vote to keep scott brown in position, based almost entirely on liking the guy's personality.

but after hearing about him pretty much dicking over my friend's grandfather's chances when he ran for office a few years ago, i decided to take a closer look at the two candidates.

turns out elizabeth warren's values are far more akin to mine. and she's a democrat. we definitely need more demo's in the senate.

hadn't even thought of it. i'll either go out for some drinks, or play halo. lots and lots of halo.

in 08, we stayed at my friends house without cable. just avoided tv all together, and waited for someone to text us a decision.

Yeah I did something similar, we disconnected our internet and cable and waited til midnight to go to a bar to find out. It made it all that much better.

what kind of ballot questions do your states have?

MA:

question 1: should vehicle manufacturers be required to supply sufficient repair information to independent shops

question 2: should "assisted suicide" be an option for a terminally ill patient given 6 months or less to live

question 3: medicinal marijuana

number 2 is real tricky. it's something i want to see passed, but at the same time, it sounds like the language in it is really vague. and like 65% of the opposition stems from the wording. it may not be ready to pass yet, but it seems like some simple revisions and compromise could really make it work.

LOL.. did i say compromise?!?

what kind of ballot questions do your states have?

MA:

question 1: should vehicle manufacturers be required to supply sufficient repair information to independent shops

question 2: should "assisted suicide" be an option for a terminally ill patient given 6 months or less to live

question 3: medicinal marijuana

The Ballot is full in Maryland. Besides the usual numerous bond referendums, there are 7 ballot questions. The most prominent being the “MD Dream Act” and Gay Marriage. The push for gay marriage has failed before, but it has a good shot at passing. On a ironic note, one of the major backers of question 3 (see below) – a right wing republican from Anne Arundel – admitted to driving under the influence after his boat collided with another vessel injuring several persons this summer.

1. Should Judge's on PG County's Orphans Court actually have passed the Bar.

2. Should Judge's on Baltimore County's Orphans Court actually have passed the Bar.

3. Should elected officials be removed from office after pleading guilty/found guilty of a crime.

4. MD Dream Act – In-state tuition for undocumented types.

5. Accepting what some call gerrymandered new electoral districts.

6. Gay Civil Marriage

7. Table Gambling Games and Video Lottery.