Something Corporate- Leaving Through the Window(w/ Konstantine) via ETR..Coming Soon

ive noticed a growing trend in kids buying these records and never spinning them, just to have a piece of the band i guess. youd be surprised how many times i stumble upon a blog with kids with 25-40 LP's and saying " I should get a record player" its like why the fuck wouldn't that be the first thing you buy?

yeah i just don't understand that. with any piece of art wouldn't you want to fully enjoy it? you wouldn't buy a painting to put in a closet or whatever

Back to the topic of not pressing enough, I do enjoy the way Fat pressing things... One (maybe two) limited colors and then a huge run on a stock colorway (usually black). The variant collectors will pay tons for the color but for the fan who just wants to spin the record, that stock copy is always available for a lower cost.

yeah i just don't understand that. with any piece of art wouldn't you want to fully enjoy it? you wouldn't buy a painting to put in a closet or whatever

To be fair a person could get a record player at any time but not everyone of these records that release will be around forever. I am sure there is a collectors mentality and it sucks if they never intend to play them but record players are not as limited as records can be.

To be fair a person could get a record player at any time but not everyone of these records that release will be around forever. I am sure there is a collectors mentality and it sucks if they never intend to play them but record players are not as limited as records can be.

good point. i will admit that i bought my first record (a ra ra riot split) on a whim without having a TT. but then again immediately bought one once that record arrived at my door :) also, i know i talk about my gf and her feelings toward my habit, but my saint of a woman keeps asking about buying a debut carbon because "that's the good one you want right?" i've gotten her into buying records from her favorites and i love it

good point. i will admit that i bought my first record (a ra ra riot split) on a whim without having a TT. but then again immediately bought one once that record arrived at my door :) also, i know i talk about my gf and her feelings toward my habit, but my saint of a woman keeps asking about buying a debut carbon because "that's the good one you want right?" i've gotten her into buying records from her favorites and i love it

Yeah my GF had zero interest in vinyl until I bought her some Modest Mouse stuff (her favorite band) and now she gets just as excited as I do when I find some rare MM stuff. Like the 764 Hero/MM 12" single I found at work two weeks ago that was brand new and sealed from 1998. She was probably more excited about that then I was haha

I used my parents record player for the longest time but my first LP was on a whim as well. Got 'Daybreak' by Saves The Day while they were touring it and the band signed the cover (I know a taboo on these forums). It made me so happy cause it was not only my favorite album of the year but very sentimental between my girlfriend and I as far as subject matter goes. It helped us in a rough patch and now we are getting engaged. I later upgraded to the debut carbon after reading these threads but by the time I actually got that I probably had 25+ records and doubt I had listened to them all. I bought a lot just to make sure they would not sell out. I mean if someone has plans to get a record player one day then they are pretty lucky if they picked up this pressing of AFYCSO cause its not always the easiest thing to get a hold of cheap. Just my 2 cents. Records have a degree or rarity that record players don't but I am sure plenty of people buying them for collecting purposes will come around and get a good player with time(especially if they spend times on forums where they can educate themselves). As noted by what I said my first record was I have not been collecting long but I have a nice collection (most of which I have played and some I am getting around to but I am glad I did not miss out on some of my favorites before they sold out.

Yeah my GF had zero interest in vinyl until I bought her some Modest Mouse stuff (her favorite band) and now she gets just as excited as I do when I find some rare MM stuff. Like the 764 Hero/MM 12" single I found at work two weeks ago that was brand new and sealed from 1998. She was probably more excited about that then I was haha

I bought that 12-inch when it originally came out, and it's still my favorite Modest Mouse song.

I first got into record collecting in a weird way. My grandma used to play this classical piece of music called "The Grand Canyon suite" on her turntable and as a kid it was my favorite thing in the world. (They play it at disneyland when your riding through the grand canyon on the train) I loved the crack and pop sounds that her records made and after she passed I inherited a beautiful record cabinet, and her collection of soundtracks, classical, and easy listening. So for me it's always been some nostalgia for her, and they just became my favorite way to listen to music. The only thing that lets me feel the songs in a way nothing else does.

Hey everyone, here is the info for the Enjoy the Ride variant of this release, we'll make a new official post on Thursday with more details.

We're going to put these up early and post the early time only here so everyone at VC can make their order before the rest of the world goes crazy with it. Just make sure to check the official post we make on Thursday to see what time it is.

8182524727_f8873db965_c.jpg

Where are you located? Maybe someone local can help you out so you don't have to pay for shipping twice, or if you don't care about that, I'm sure someone could grab you a copy. PM me if you want me to try. I already got it on red so I'm probably going to pass on white so you may be better off asking someone that is getting a copy of their own so you can at least split shipping to them.