Frankenstorm™

It started drizzling here in DC. Friends in south jersey say it's already started to get a bit nasty there with the worst to come tomorrow. Those in brigantine and other barrier islands were evacuated. My work and curling game are cancelled tomorrow. I have the new William Gibson book from the library, absentee ballot to fill out, an unemployed girlfriend and nothing but time for a few days. We will see how this goes. Hopefully, better than every other storm that has rolled through the area.

so what you're saying is in 9 months you could be a dad. i like your style.

i was.. got a little too repetitive after a while. these three however..

OH MY GOD KAREN YOU CAN'T JUST ASK A HURRICANE WHY SHE'S ONLY A CATEGORY 1.

IRENE WAS A BASIC BITCH, THAT HOE WASN'T BOUT THAT LYFE.

JUST BLEW DA ROOF OFF OLIVE GARDEN! FUCK YEAH FREE BREADSTICKS FOR EVERYONE!

Even this far west people are claiming it's the end of the world (not really, but DOOOOM!).

I'm cynical and believe it's all media hype so we turn on the news, run out to the store and buy a bunch of shit, then come home and nervously wait. I expect to have power all the way through and have my garbage can knocked over by a little bit of wind.

Some of my friends are throwing a Frankenstorm party tonight that I might run out to because why the fuck not?

I'll be on stand by at my fire house starting around 5pm tonight. This storm is huge. To put it in context, the water levels on the Jersey Shore are already as high as they were for Irene at it's worst. This storm hasn't even hit land. I doubt it's the end of the world but this storm is very slow moving and will take up to 36 hours to clear the main areas it hits. This is unusual and will result in some serious damage. Stay safe folks.

Power flickering. getting a bit nervous. not even close to full force hurricane action here. I hope this ends better than forecasted. That said, things are already bad news bears up north along the shore. Places i used to live at in South Jersey are getting hammered. everyone stay safe. In the words of the modern day sage Chris Christie "don't do anything stupid." Thanks governor, i am not sure what i would have done without that pithy advice.

havent spun any vinyl in weeks. so i just plan on putting my table to work until power inevitably goes out. at which point i'll be watching halloween episodes of parks & rec, community, happy endings, always sunny, the league, louie, modern family, south park, the simpsons, and just about anything else i can find on my hd.

oh, and i'll also be drinking throughout.

has anybody seen the twitter regarding the crane that fell? ...looking for it - can't find. WAAAAAAH.

no, but i saw some quick footage on the news. However, the pics of a Delaware bridge floating downriver and sharks swimming along mainstreet are apparent fakes. That said, sounds like we got a good idea for a "SyFy" movie - Frankenstorm combined with giant mega terror sharks swimming through the floodwaters, lotting homes, snatching babies and eating people while they sleep.