Disney Buys Out Lucasfilm Ltd.; Star Wars Ep. VII out in 2015

jhulud

I grew up with Star Wars. I remember when the very first figures were on sale(it was actually a pre-order) and I remember thinking how they looked so small. I collected all that shit, stood in line for the movies, and generally ingrained it into my childhood. Then Lucas had to fuck it up with the prequel movies and changing the original three with the ultimate addition of the "No!" from Vader. Bitter? Yes. I fuckin' hate Lucas and Disney owning his crap really won't make any damn difference.

Wow. Are you guys really mad about this? The potential for this to be awesome is MASSIVE. Come on, the last 3 sucked. Disney didn't buy them with intentions of sitting on the franchise. I can't wait to see which direction this goes.

the last 3 did suck. and ive got no faith in any of this being any better. sure, ive got a soft spot for classic disney titles i watched when i was a kid, disneyland and so forth but make no mistake about it - there's no way this is about carrying on the spirit of the original films. its about $$$ and disney is going to expect recoup every single penny they pay to lucas plus turn a profit no matter how goddamn shitty anything star wars-related they produce ends up actually being.

An entire Star Wars themed park would be amazing.

Disney has been rumored to be adding on to animal kingdom for some time now, the most recent rumors are an "avatar land". That sounds shitty, they are trying to compete with the wizarding world of harry potter, and I think this addition will help them with that going forward. Just thinking about an endor themed section of animal kingdom (ewoks, scout troopers and other forest moon awesomeness) makes so much more sense. The potential is there, and Disney is hopefully not going to disappoint with this.