Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Damn. I should just put mine on eBay. I want it, but $81 plus shipping? Really?

Ordered another TTTYG mix to trade if anyone wants.

Gosh, I sure hope that you keep buying releases just to turn around and try to trade them up. Make sure to act totally aloof about it too. "Oops! I didn't want this, but maybe someone will trade me for Album X that costs more than I want to pay? Lololol!"

Gosh, I sure hope that you keep buying releases just to turn around and try to trade them up. Make sure to act totally aloof about it too. "Oops! I didn't want this, but maybe someone will trade me for Album X that costs more than I want to pay? Lololol!"

In other words, this man really fucking wants this Fall Out Boy record.

Dude. Who the fuck are you? The trading police? The person who tracks every record every person buys? I don't need to verify every purchase I make with some random person.

Yeah, I bought TTTYG to trade. I'm not denying it. It's also a record you can easily get for $30 at the most without trying hard. I sold the first one I bought for like $25. And I originally did buy it with the intent to keep it. And decided I didn't want to. This time, I was placing an order and thought "oh, hey, that's back up. I'll grab a copy to trade since I'm ordering anyways. Would you prefer I throw it up on eBay before I even got shipping confirmation like plenty of other people are doing with records. Putting FUTCT on eBay was a joke. Quit bitchin'.

That being said, I got shipping confirmation. Cool.

Dude. Who the fuck are you? The trading police? The person who tracks every record every person buys? I don't need to verify every purchase I make with some random person.

Yeah, I bought TTTYG to trade. I'm not denying it. It's also a record you can easily get for $30 at the most without trying hard. I sold the first one I bought for like $25. And I originally did buy it with the intent to keep it. And decided I didn't want to. This time, I was placing an order and thought "oh, hey, that's back up. I'll grab a copy to trade since I'm ordering anyways. Would you prefer I throw it up on eBay before I even got shipping confirmation like plenty of other people are doing with records. Putting FUTCT on eBay was a joke. Quit bitchin'.

i actually fully support this practice. sometimes i don't have extra cash and would be more than willing to get rid of a record for one that ill constantly spin.

I never understood why they were in a theater type room... Also don't understand why IOH has a sheep. Out of all animals, why choose a sheep?

A lot of the art had to deal with the night and dreams. Sheep are normally associated with dreaming and sleeping. It fits with the other artwork the album had via associations.

Me? I'm just some dude who buys the records that he wants, rather than scooping up every "high profile" release that comes by in hopes of scoring something else.

And I said something because I'm sick of you posting in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD about trading the release at hand.

I get what you're trying to do, but it just exacerbates the problem of a "limited" release. If people who didn't want/need a release would stop buying it in order to trade/sell/flip it, it wouldn't go OOP instantly and the prices wouldn't skyrocket. If the eBay prices didn't skyrocket, then people wouldn't charge $24+ for a brand new, single LP as retail.

Don't you see that you're only making problems worse?

Me? I'm just some dude who buys the records that he wants, rather than scooping up every "high profile" release that comes by in hopes of scoring something else.

And I said something because I'm sick of you posting in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD about trading the release at hand.

I get what you're trying to do, but it just exacerbates the problem of a "limited" release. If people who didn't want/need a release would stop buying it in order to trade/sell/flip it, it wouldn't go OOP instantly and the prices wouldn't skyrocket. If the eBay prices didn't skyrocket, then people wouldn't charge $24+ for a brand new, single LP as retail.

Don't you see that you're only making problems worse?

Every thread? Seriously, dude? I've actively posted in like four PO threads since November. As Cities Burn, TTTYG, Manchester/Thrice, and this. And yes, because be buying one copy of one record when I was going to be placing an order anyways was going to stop it from selling out in ten minutes. I'm not trading my copy of this album. I'm keeping it. I posted what, two posts in the Thrice/MO thread saying I was potentially gonna try and pick one extra up? And I didn't even get one copy of it. As Cities Burn, I ordered two, not knowing it was going to sell out in thirty minutes. And I made MAYBE $10 off that raffle. As I pointed out, I thought I did want TTTYG. And decided I didn't. So I sold it for $25. Not $50, not $100. $25. And, really? A limited release? Sorry, when HT puts up a record, it's not a limited release. 1500 copies of most other records wouldn't sell out instantly. And yeah, me getting two of those MO/Thrice splits MAY have been taking away from someone who would listen to it, but look how many are already up on eBay, how many people here are selling and trading them, and how many will end up on eBay when they come in? If I ordered two copies and traded it, say, for something like TDAG, that person obviously wants it, and I obviously want the BN record. Records by bands like FOB, Panic! at the Disco, and other huge bands are never going to be $12 again. Me buying one copy of it and trading it for a $30 record isn't going to change that. Me buying 1/1500 copies of a record isn't going to change that. If I bought ten copies of a record, or sold them for five times what I paid, your argument may be valid. If I "scooped up every high profile release", I'd be buying every Thrice record I could get my hands on, every Blink record I could get my hands on, every RSD release, etc. But no, I buy one $15 record to try and trade it for maybe a Paramore record or something and get shit for it.

Every thread? Seriously, dude? I've actively posted in like four PO threads since November. As Cities Burn, TTTYG, Manchester/Thrice, and this. And yes, because be buying one copy of one record when I was going to be placing an order anyways was going to stop it from selling out in ten minutes. I'm not trading my copy of this album. I'm keeping it. I posted what, two posts in the Thrice/MO thread saying I was potentially gonna try and pick one extra up? And I didn't even get one copy of it. As Cities Burn, I ordered two, not knowing it was going to sell out in thirty minutes. And I made MAYBE $10 off that raffle. As I pointed out, I thought I did want TTTYG. And decided I didn't. So I sold it for $25. Not $50, not $100. $25. And, really? A limited release? Sorry, when HT puts up a record, it's not a limited release. 1500 copies of most other records wouldn't sell out instantly. And yeah, me getting two of those MO/Thrice splits MAY have been taking away from someone who would listen to it, but look how many are already up on eBay, how many people here are selling and trading them, and how many will end up on eBay when they come in? If I ordered two copies and traded it, say, for something like TDAG, that person obviously wants it, and I obviously want the BN record. Records by bands like FOB, Panic! at the Disco, and other huge bands are never going to be $12 again. Me buying one copy of it and trading it for a $30 record isn't going to change that. Me buying 1/1500 copies of a record isn't going to change that. If I bought ten copies of a record, or sold them for five times what I paid, your argument may be valid. If I "scooped up every high profile release", I'd be buying every Thrice record I could get my hands on, every Blink record I could get my hands on, every RSD release, etc. But no, I buy one $15 record to try and trade it for maybe a Paramore record or something and get shit for it.

I get it. You're too dumb to realize that if everyone thinks like you (which too many do), that doesn't account for 1/1500, but rather 500/1500 or more. People just looking to bank on a release selling out and being flip-worthy.

You aren't the SOLE problem, you're just PART of the problem.

People who do what you're doing are a large part of why new release are upwards of $20 when they don't need to be. Supply and demand gets skewed when people but more than they need and throw off the process. Then the hands of fate belong in a second-hand market (eBay) versus the retail market and prices go through the roof.

If this process eludes you, please take a class in economics or finance.

So understand that I'm not mad about this release or any of these college-era releases, but the overall effect that this stuff has on collecting. Shit like this is ruining it for EVERYONE.