PO: As Cities Burn - Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest

Underoath has a much higher chance of selling 4000 copies of a record, especially the one that most people consider their best. We all overestimate the demand for this because we're gathered in one place. The OG press of TOCS was /1000. Right? People have been paying crazy amounts for it, and the band is breaking up, so they repress it. I think it's crazy they're doing less than 1000 of these, too, but I can see where they're coming from. Underoath has proven they can move units on vinyl, ACB has never been on vinyl, and there is a huge differentlce between the amount of fans those two bands have.

dude there was a petition for shits sake with over 500 signatures on it for this record. Not to mention all the people who had no idea about the petition and the variant collectors who would buy all the variants. 1000 copies would be nothing.

As cities burn just posted on their Facebook that they are already planning a second pressing of this record.

https://www.facebook.com/ascitiesburn

I guess I got lucky to get the split color. It was the last time I was able to get on the board since chrome is blocking the site because of maleware. Wasn't expecting 8 pages of responses.

dude there was a petition for shits sake with over 500 signatures on it for this record. Not to mention all the people who had no idea about the petition and the variant collectors who would buy all the variants. 1000 copies would be nothing.

I'm not saying they wouldn't sell. I'm saying I can understand why they undershot it. There is so much whining in those FB comments. Realistically, all those people that signed a petition aren't actually going to spend money. It's the equivalent to liking a Hans's post about their new record and going out and paying $15+ shipping for said new record. Calm down.

in all fairness the UO repress was not done by tooth and nail at all. they aren't even on the jacket at all... it says underoath music. so it's not really fair to make the comparison between the two. I hope that they press a bunch more, but like everyone else I want the whole disco

On their FB:

"@Solid State Records: your PLAN was to piss off whole swaths of fans by not publicizing a pre-order, then shorting it by at least 500 units? That was the PLAN? Your PLAN is to continue to ignore repeated pleadings from the people who want to LITERALLY THROW MONEY AT YOU by not pressing records that people ACTUALLY want, but by releasing more MXPX? So a /100 variant won't sell out, but you balk at the idea of no Showbread or He Is Legend? A total joke."

On their FB:

"@Solid State Records: your PLAN was to piss off whole swaths of fans by not publicizing a pre-order, then shorting it by at least 500 units? That was the PLAN? Your PLAN is to continue to ignore repeated pleadings from the people who want to LITERALLY THROW MONEY AT YOU by not pressing records that people ACTUALLY want, but by releasing more MXPX? So a /100 variant won't sell out, but you balk at the idea of no Showbread or He Is Legend? A total joke."

LOL why u mad tho

I think people have really under-estimated the lack of fucks given by T&N/SS in regards to vinyl. We can thank broken circles for taking the time and care to release a lot of their back catalog and its funny to me that a 1 man operation can release a record more efficiently than a huge label that contracts their webstore to a 3rd party. This whole thing reads like "fine, just do a pressing and get rid of these people that keep bugging us about it." now its "oh shit, we can make some money. Well here comes the landslide folks." but hey, cool that people that missed out will get a copy with another pressing. Here's to hoping they buck up and press the chariot LPs.

I think people have really under-estimated the lack of fucks given by T&N/SS in regards to vinyl. We can thank broken circles for taking the time and care to release a lot of their back catalog and its funny to me that a 1 man operation can release a record more efficiently than a huge label that contracts their webstore to a 3rd party. This whole thing reads like "fine, just do a pressing and get rid of these people that keep bugging us about it." now its "oh shit, we can make some money. Well here comes the landslide folks." but hey, cool that people that missed out will get a copy with another pressing. Here's to hoping they buck up and press the chariot LPs.

Nah, it makes perfect sense. Tooth & Nail isn't just a huge label, they're an EMI subsidiary. They don't care about vinyl because the money they'll make on selling 500 LPs equals out to about a week of Jeremy Camp iTunes sales for them. Their vinyl releases are probably a one man operation, too, except it's one of a million things that one man is responsible for. Now that they seem to be getting wind of the demand, they'll probably mail a half-dozen CD masters off to a pressing plant and make a quick buck, but it's just not economically viable for them to give a fuck.

So I had added the three variants to my cart when this went up. I left the window open and it kept them in there. I just got paid today and Firefox even crashed. When I reopened to the SS webstore, the records were there. I took a chance and ordered them. Here's to hoping that works.