Best place to buy Pro-Ject Carbon?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm curious. How come he would need that? I want to upgrade to a pro-ject debut carbon eventually because I've been saving. Right now I have a shitty ion (i know, i know) and i run it through my computer (via aux cable) and out my speakers. It comes out at the right volume and everything. Is it a preamp in the speakers or the table? I plan on upgrading speakers and all that later, but theoretically wouldnt this work the same way with the carbon?

If anyone's looking to get this turntable, right now you can get it for $349 shipped from Musician's Friend. Use the code MAYDAY at checkout. I think tonight is the last day this offer is valid.

Edit: They charge tax. Comes out to $372.03 for me. Still deciding if I want to pull the trigger or not...

If anyone's looking to get this turntable, right now you can get it for $349 shipped from Musician's Friend. Use the code MAYDAY at checkout. I think tonight is the last day this offer is valid.

Edit: They charge tax. Comes out to $372.03 for me. Still deciding if I want to pull the trigger or not...

I used the code RAINDROP at Musician's Friend and got it for this price a few months ago. It shipped/arrived 2 weeks ago. Sounds great and it was a great deal on this TT. Psycheddd

They didnt charge tax on me.

Plus you can get another 4% cash back from the purchase if you use ebates. It's like saving another $15 or so dollars.

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=WHADO5BHfrH6ptFlY0szsQ%3D%3D

They didnt charge tax on me.

Plus you can get another 4% cash back from the purchase if you use ebates. It's like saving another $15 or so dollars.

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=WHADO5BHfrH6ptFlY0szsQ%3D%3D

I wish I would have known this before I ordered. I wonder if I can cancel it and reorder...

Edit: Canceled my order and when I tried to order again it said the coupon code had already been applied to my order. Dammit.

After a lot of research, here and on other boards, I think I have finally decided that the Carbon is the way to go for my budget. Right now I am using a Numark high torque, direct drive that I used to use also when I'd DJ. I think it's basically a copy of the Technics 1200. It works and seems fine with my Shure M97XE cart, but it would be nice to upgrade. I just hope that I hear an easily noticeable sound difference.

I jumped from a Technics 1200 to a legit table, and absolutely freaked out at the quality difference. I changed out no other part of my system.

What table did you upgrade to? I was looking at other tables, because I don't love the look of the Debut and would rather have something with woodgrain. Most wood tables seem to go for at least double, so I am just going to do a baby step and get this table in black and upgrade the platter to the Acryl it. Also the fact that it comes with a cartridge that most people seem to think is decent, is a plus.

Ok, those of you who've upgraded to this table, is there REALLY that much of a sound difference? Even if you're not using super awesome speakers? Like I'm sporting a pair of okay Polk Audio desk speakers. Would the turntable make the world of difference or am I in need of a full rehaul?

@lexicondevil, if you intend to get the acrylic platter (which is a big plus), try to find a place that sells the Debut Carbon Esprit model. It's a Carbon with an included acrylic platter and you save $50 or so. They're easy to find here in europe but I'm not sure if they sell them in US as well.

Just bit the bullet and ordered one in white from Musicians Friend! If you call and place an order this weekend, you get $60 off orders over $299. Mine came out to $366.12 after tax. Super excited!

That's awesome dude! I'm excited for you! I remember how stoked I was when I got mine. You've officially taken the next step: investing money into a proper setup so you can truly enjoy your records. Once you start upgrading though, it never seems to stop. Just warning you! 

I also ordered mine. Couldn't get the Musician's Friend coupon code to work again after my canceled order so I went with Insound. I ended up saving a few bucks too since I had to pay tax at MF. Got mine for $359 at Insound with their free shipping promotion and the springsummer2013 10% off code. Can't wait for it to get here! I've got a few records that I bought today that I'm keeping sealed until the new TT gets here. 

@lexicondevil, if you intend to get the acrylic platter (which is a big plus), try to find a place that sells the Debut Carbon Esprit model. It's a Carbon with an included acrylic platter and you save $50 or so. They're easy to find here in europe but I'm not sure if they sell them in US as well.

Thanks for the tip. I don't see them available in the US. I guess I will just have to pay full!

I also ordered mine. Couldn't get the Musician's Friend coupon code to work again after my canceled order so I went with Insound. I ended up saving a few bucks too since I had to pay tax at MF. Got mine for $359 at Insound with their free shipping promotion and the springsummer2013 10% off code. Can't wait for it to get here! I've got a few records that I bought today that I'm keeping sealed until the new TT gets here. 

THanks for that. HOLY CRAP, I finally jumped in and bought a new turntable. My wife is taking a nap on the couch and I am being very quiet over here. I need to generate some money to pay for this thing and the Acryl it platter will have to come later, unless there is a good sale anybody knows about! I feel good.