Discogs Users

derby625

So now we've got a happy taco and a complaining hot dog in this thread?

I enjoy discogs for browsing/buying, but I'm far too lazy to do much else on there. Until I lose my job, or my wife leaves me, or I decide to put my underwear on and nothing else that day, I'm going to keep my collection on deadformat.

I used to be pretty thorough about adding releases that weren't there/cleaning up releases with correct information. However, the process is incredibly arduous - especially for adding something that's not already there - and they're super nit-picky about things - fair enough, I suppose - so I just wait for someone to do it for me with new releases or don't bother if I come across something that isn't already listed.

That said, it's my favorite site I've found for cataloging a collection, making various notations on personal items, etc. The wantlist e-mails every day have gotten me into trouble more than once.

I used to be pretty thorough about adding releases that weren't there/cleaning up releases with correct information. However, the process is incredibly arduous - especially for adding something that's not already there - and they're super nit-picky about things - fair enough, I suppose - so I just wait for someone to do it for me with new releases or don't bother if I come across something that isn't already listed.

That said, it's my favorite site I've found for cataloging a collection, making various notations on personal items, etc. The wantlist e-mails every day have gotten me into trouble more than once.

there are a lot of high and mighty people on there that piss even me off.

i started out by just submitting the bare minimum for releases (name, label, catalog number, tracklisting) and worked my way up from there.