IVWT 0.5 - Policy Of 3 - Dead Dog Summer LP - /55

gmoney

About five years ago I was lucky enough to purchase a large collection owned by Old Glory Records' owner Todd. Included in that collection was some OG deadstock vinyl that had no covers (overrun perhaps?). The most plentiful release was Policy of 3's "dead dog summer" LP. For those unfamiliar PO3 was an early/mid 90s emo/hardcore band from NJ. To do something special with these I had the wonderful folks at starshaped press do custom letterpress covers. I think it turned out rather nice, don't you? These are limited to 55 hand numbered copies, have a reprinted version of the original 20+ page booklet and will never be available again.

http://www.invinylwetrust.com/Policy_Of_3_Dead_Dog_Summer_LP_p/vt-0.5.htm

I don't think anyone's really stoked on 90's emocore but I sure as hell am and i'm glad some people can relate. I just got the (don't forget to) breathe comp that came out on crank! a record company and the letterpress is so cool. same with the Christie Front Drive/Boys Life split that came out on crank! too. looking forward to this waaaay too much

• 2 weeks later...

The packaging is pretty cool. The zine isn't technically part of it, though, right?

I think the zine came with the original pressing. I believe this was a leftover batch of 55 of the OG LP and new covers were made for the left overs. Can't wait for more IVWT releases.