Festivus 2012 My Biggest Gripe About VC...

I really don't have any problems with anyone personally on this board. but as a whole i find the music in the new thread forum is somewhat lackluster. i or others would probably post more on new and different forms of punk/thrash/hardcore if more people (other than the same 8) were interested, but rarely does anyone even bother commenting or viewing. it's more geared toward the mall punk generation here so i shrug my shoulders.  i just stick around for the everything thread because i genuinely like a good chunk of the people here and decent conversation from time to time.

- i generally don't have a problem with it, but i do agree, the  "titties/boobies/ass thread" is pretty juvenile. but it's understandable since most of the people here are young. and i use to be 20 something too. i still wish i was 20 something.

- if you're sweating the 1000 post count comments, you're probably just not in on it.

ronnie, as much as you post, i can't fathom you being under 1000. weird)

bring back flicker!!! 

also flicker > hipster.  :D

and yes, jimmythescumbag is a real mcasshole in real life. and he wears khakis. probably plays the sax and has his own wine. just full of douchebaggery. 

1. lack of activity in the NHL thread because of the lockout

2. this blue motherfucking background!

just kidding

I can't say I have any complaints. I read what I want to read and ignore everything else. I am scared that I'll be close to 666 posts on the day the world ends. hopefully I don't explode or implode or anything bad

Ignorance of, or just a refusal to use, the search function. It irritates me when I see a duplicate of a thread that is a couple pages back from the front page. Another dislike I have is that people dislike my appreciation of boobs and butts. I just love them.

Wake me up when it's time for the feats of strength.

3)  any comparison to a person/label operating like RJ or Virgil; also when people reference someone to one of the Blink 182 threads in regards to problems with orders etc. etc.  shit's old news move on already

that's all for now, but there will definitely be more added as festivus continues  :)

SRC really is acting like virgil though and if you doesn't learn from past mistakes you are bound to relive them. 

I really don't have any problems with anyone personally on this board. but as a whole i find the music in the new thread forum is somewhat lackluster. i or others would probably post more on new and different forms of punk/thrash/hardcore if more people (other than the same 8) were interested, but rarely does anyone even bother commenting or viewing. it's more geared toward the mall punk generation here so i shrug my shoulders. i just stick around for the everything thread because i genuinely like a good chunk of the people here and decent conversation from time to time.

- i generally don't have a problem with it, but i do agree, the "titties/boobies/ass thread" is pretty juvenile. but it's understandable since most of the people here are young. and i use to be 20 something too. i still wish i was 20 something.

- if you're sweating the 1000 post count comments, you're probably just not in on it.

ronnie, as much as you post, i can't fathom you being under 1000. weird)

bring back flicker!!!

also flicker > hipster. :D

and yes, jimmythescumbag is a real mcasshole in real life. and he wears khakis. probably plays the sax and has his own wine. just full of douchebaggery.

Well, that just wraps everything up in a nice neat little package.

Vinylss.

Ignorance of, or just a refusal to use, the search function. It irritates me when I see a duplicate of a thread that is a couple pages back from the front page. Another dislike I have is that people dislike my appreciation of boobs and butts. I just love them.

Wake me up when it's time for the feats of strength.

i agree, but to be fair, the search function tends to suck. i could type the full title of a topic, and still have to fish through 4 pages to find it.

Watching someone buy all variants of the 6th press of whatever record, and complain about money. Fuck you.

I don't give a shit about your shipping notification.

When people ask what they should do if they didn't receive their products yet, like it's your first thought to ask a message board rather than email the fucking place of business.

Yeah I forgot about how shitty the search function is and why I almost never use it. I might make a post on that in the help thread later.

One relatively easy fix would be some filtering (only search topic titles, only return topics with more than X views, only return topics I have posted in, etc...)

Are these really big gripes or just minor inconveniences?  Some of the shit posted is so selfish and greedy and I am surprised.

Like, complaining about new members.  They'll learn the ropes but to hate them?  They are what makes the board grow. 

This type of reasonableness cannot be tolerated in the Airing of Grievances portion of Festivus 2012.

Also, when is the VC off-season for airing of grievances. I'd like to visit then.

Yeah I forgot about how shitty the search function is and why I almost never use it. I might make a post on that in the help thread later.

One relatively easy fix would be some filtering (only search topic titles, only return topics with more than X views, only return topics I have posted in, etc...)

the search on this new board is not all that bad. took me one time to dig up that musicinveins ripoff thread that was dormant for close to a year. the only issue is that a bunch of results come up sometimes depending on how specific your search is.

i love this forum. even all of the grievances you guys have listed here, because the backlash is entertaining to read. bring on your stupid hot topic questions!!! let this place implode with internet rage!

actually, it annoys me when every page of a big thread has someone asking "when do these ship?" or "travis give me a list of stores that have this." i would stop posting lists. you're too nice.

i wash my hands of the FOB, panic, and midtown threads. i kept checking those threads waiting for a pic of the records to pop up and it was kinda painful.

1. lack of activity in the NHL thread because of the lockout

2. this blue motherfucking background!

just kidding

I can't say I have any complaints. I read what I want to read and ignore everything else. I am scared that I'll be close to 666 posts on the day the world ends. hopefully I don't explode or implode or anything bad

you can fix the blue, poke around in your account preferences