Recently Viewing

It's by Joss Whedon. So if you liked any of Buffy/Angel/Cabin in the Woods you will like it (except that it unfortunately ended way too early).

He obviously also did the Avengers but that has more of a "hollywood" feel to it than most of his other work (which is more "cult classic")

Almost done with the show terriers. Only ran one season on fx but is highly enjoyable.

Terriers was great, it's too bad it didn't really find a fan base.

Some friends of mine keep telling me to check out the show "Firefly". Only ran one season, but has developed somewhat of a cult following. Anyone here seen it and recommend watching it as well?

I'm with everyone else, check out Firefly and Serenity.  I thought it was well worth the time.

Speaking of Joss Whedon, I really enjoyed Much Ado About Nothing. I thought he did a great job with it.

I tried to watch that a month ago after some drinks and it was a little too fast for my condition.  I'm looking forward to watching it, but I wasn't ready for something that fast.

I finally watched Jarhead. I had always been told it was a terrible movie and whatnot, but I thought it was quite good. I can see how people were a bit let down expecting a full on violent war film, but I liked how it dealt with the soldier's anticipation of getting a kill.

I always watched Jug Face, I thought it was pretty decent for what it was. Hillbillies and the forest generally make for a creepy film. It was odd seeing both the father and daughter from The Woman in another movie together since that one still perplexes me. Nonetheless, I think it was worth a watch.

Documentary called: You’re Gonna Miss Me 

summary

The subject of this documentary is Rory Erickson, whose 13th Floor Elevators band carved the path to Psychedelic Rock in the 1960’s. On his wild rise to stardom, Erickson was busted for drug possession and made an example by the Texas court system. The three years he spent imprisoned in an institute for the criminally insane, combined with years of mind-melting drug use, inherited schizophrenia, and creative genius made for a lifelong cocktail of tumult—as this film displays. Knowing how influential his music was on generations of musicians and fans, it is shocking to see the life he now lives and the family struggles he faces in his attempt to come out of a decades-long maddening mental haze. The film ends with a dangling glimmer of hope that will impel viewers to follow up on Erickson’s story since the film wrapped.