Recently Viewing

Anyone here watch Life After Beth yet? If not, I recommend doing so. Comedy/Zombie flick starring Aubrey Plaza, amongst a plethora of other great actors and actresses, with some of the funniest zombie dialogue I've ever heard.

Also, agreeing with the Son City: Dame to Kill for critique; definitely a snooze fest. Also, unlike the first, there wasn't a single likeable character in the film.

Finally got around to Guardians of the Galaxy, and I'm ashamed at how long it took me.

I may have posted this already, but has anyone else caught The Guest? Tied for my movie of the year with GOTG

i have decided to go through my dvd collection and watch a bunch of movies i either havent seen/ or havent watched in years so I can sell them and downsize a bit.  If i bought it 6 years ago and still havent watched it again i probably do not need it.

in doing that got to watch hard boiled, greenberg, squid and the whale, american splendor, station agent and death at the funeral (not the stupid americanized version).

apparently i really went through a depressing yet somehow funny at times movie streak...

Finally saw Tusk last night, and holy shit that movie was weird, but good.

I honestly don't know how he kept on living like that. I would have killed myself.

Also watched Maze Runner earlier this week. It was alright.  Reminded me of a more clever Hunger Games with some  Lord of the Flies and Lost vibes throughout the story. My boss can't stop ranting and raving about how much he loved the book, but overall I was underwhelmed by the movie. 

i've spent my entire day in bed

first i watched south park

then binged the first season of broad city

followed that with the simpsons

and then a mike birbiglia special

snuck in the end of the cowboys game

having just refreshed with a shower, it's time to catch up on american dad

My fiancé and I watched Happy Christmas and then we watched the first 3 episodes of Darknet.

Happy Christmas was eh. Joe Swanberg is such an enigma to me. I became a fan of him when I first saw his segment in the first V/H/S movie and his part in Ti West's segment of the same film. I also loved him in You're Next and The Sacrament. But I was incredibly disappointed with both Drinking Buddies and Happy Christmas. I just want to like him as a director so bad but it's pretty difficult.

Darknet has been awesome so far though. Can't wait to watch more.

i have watched about an hour of noah. man its just not good. i have to finish it because I hate not finishing movies but man...

Really bummed to hear that.  I thought Aronofsky was impervious to duds.

Stoked to see how much love Birdman is getting this award season thus far. Really want to see Foxcatcher and the Theory of Everything. http://www.hfpa.org/nominations-2015/

Lots of stuff I still need to see, but love that Birdman is getting so much attention. Birdman, Gone Girl and Grand Budapest Hotel were definitely my favorite films this year.

Bummer that Brooklyn 99 or The Leftovers wasn't up for anything, but happy to see Fargo, True Detective, Silicon Valley and Clive Owen from The Knick all up for nomination. 

Last night I finished up both seasons of Drunk History, which was absolutely hilarious.

I also watched Cold In July.  It wasn't too bad.  Although it almost felt like two different movies.  Like... the first half was one film, and then the second half was completely different.  So that was kinda weird.  The soundtrack was unbelievable though.  Definitely reminiscent of Drive.

Last night I finished up both seasons of Drunk History, which was absolutely hilarious.

I also watched Cold In July.  It wasn't too bad.  Although it almost felt like two different movies.  Like... the first half was one film, and then the second half was completely different.  So that was kinda weird.  The soundtrack was unbelievable though.  Definitely reminiscent of Drive.

i have cold in july on my netflix dvd queue.  i was listening to the nerdist interview with michael c hall when this came out and it intrigued me.  it keeps getting pushed down the list for mindless action movies i can watch when my brain is fried after a 12 hour day...

Has anyone used the Hola add on for their computer? Just found out about this. you can switch where your browsing from country wise and see different streaming sites that arent available. For example if you are in USA you can switch to canada and see canadas netflix whcih apparently has a bunch different compared to ours.

Recently I've watched the following:

22 Jump Street - It was awesome. One of the funniest movies of the year. Phil Lord and Chris Miller are geniuses.

Tim's Vermeer - Great documentary (at least the content is great, the actual filming itself is kind of shoddy). If you like art or engineering you will really enjoy this.

Nightcrawler - Very good. Jake Gyllenhaal continues his recent hot streak.