So it was a really interesting place. I walked in and they had a rack of new releases, (Transit, David Bowie, The Poster Service (loser edition) Keaton Henson and more new stuff) I had never been in there and I know they sold CDs and records (they had rows of CDs  half of the store). So unknowingly when into the expensive vinyl room, this is where all the boxsets were (Minus The Bear, Led zep, The White Stripes) so there were cases of used records so I looked and it was older stuff I did stumble upon a White Stripes S/T first pressing ($50), Shit ton of Beatles imports and first pressings, I also found an Master Copy of The Blue Album, by Weezer. I walked to the used crates and damn there were many, (and not well organized either) which was in front of the memorabilia cases (Shit tons from different artist expensive too). So finally I went to the new LP section, and (I found lots of good stuff, I'm talking Boxsets, Picture disk, Limited releases) I found a lot of music I enjoyed too like underground and less popular music. I couldn't find what I came in there for (some older LPs) and came out with Bright Eyes and Vampire Weekend. All and all it was fun but too music, I'll go again when I have more than $50

TL;DR: I went in expecting lots of grandpa's rock, I was pleasantly surprised to find, some less popular music, along with a room full of rare/hard to find pressings and LP's. The new LPs section along with the used LPs section is fucking huge. They also have cases full of memorabilia from different artist.

So it was a really interesting place. I walked in and they had a rack of new releases, (Transit, David Bowie, The Poster Service (loser edition) Keaton Henson and more new stuff) I had never been in there and I know they sold CDs and records (they had rows of CDs  half of the store). So unknowingly when into the expensive vinyl room, this is where all the boxsets were (Minus The Bear, Led zep, The White Stripes) so there were cases of used records so I looked and it was older stuff I did stumble upon a White Stripes S/T first pressing ($50), Shit ton of Beatles imports and first pressings, I also found an Master Copy of The Blue Album, by Weezer. I walked to the used crates and damn there were many, (and not well organized either) which was in front of the memorabilia cases (Shit tons from different artist expensive too). So finally I went to the new LP section, and (I found lots of good stuff, I'm talking Boxsets, Picture disk, Limited releases) I found a lot of music I enjoyed too like underground and less popular music. I couldn't find what I came in there for (some older LPs) and came out with Bright Eyes and Vampire Weekend. All and all it was fun but too music, I'll go again when I have more than $50

TL;DR: I went in expecting lots of grandpa's rock, I was pleasantly surprised to find, some less popular music, along with a room full of rare/hard to find pressings and LP's. The new LPs section along with the used LPs section is fucking huge. They also have cases full of memorabilia from different artist.

So what you are telling us is that you went to a......record store?

How were the new songs?

He opened with  "I Don't Care About Your Band" which I enjoyed. Then throughout the set he played two others. The first was "Navigate", which in my opinion is absolutely phenomenal, then the last one was "For Eugene" which is another song inspired by Hurricane Sandy. Isobel Campell is doing vocals with him on that one for the LP and he was really psyched explaining how it came out, so im definitely looking forward to that one. 

Also he stil had quite a few YWSN posters and Circle Gets the Square tour copies with him. Bummed I didnt have the cash, but just a heads up to anyone who's interested and has the chance to catch him during any other shows he may play in the near future

He opened with  "I Don't Care About Your Band" which I enjoyed. Then throughout the set he played two others. The first was "Navigate", which in my opinion is absolutely phenomenal, then the last one was "For Eugene" which is another song inspired by Hurricane Sandy. Isobel Campell is doing vocals with him on that one for the LP and he was really psyched explaining how it came out, so im definitely looking forward to that one. 

Also he stil had quite a few YWSN posters and Circle Gets the Square tour copies with him. Bummed I didnt have the cash, but just a heads up to anyone who's interested and has the chance to catch him during any other shows he may play in the near future

That sounds pretty awesome. I saw the vid you posted of "Navigate" in a different thread. I was definitely enjoying it. Wish I could get my hands on one of those tour copies of Circle Gets The Square. 

I am thinking about ignoring more people. I currently only block big hairy stinky muff. I don't want to do this because it can make threads confusing when posts are missing and I might want to sell records to them, but at the same time I cringe at almost everyone of their posts. Pros/Cons to blocking about 10 users.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic