Went to a water park with my family that was all the way across the damn state basically. Just got home to find my cat laying in my bed, struggling to breathe. We're gonna call the vet first thing in the morning but he's in a really bad way right now. He moved into the bathroom when we came in and checked on him (i could hear him from the living room) and just woke up long enough to cry at me as he saw me getting ready for bed. This is awful.

Went to a water park with my family that was all the way across the damn state basically. Just got home to find my cat laying in my bed, struggling to breathe. We're gonna call the vet first thing in the morning but he's in a really bad way right now. He moved into the bathroom when we came in and checked on him (i could hear him from the living room) and just woke up long enough to cry at me as he saw me getting ready for bed. This is awful.

Dude I'm so sorry, I hope the little guy ends up being okay. This kind of shit makes me so sad to read. Am I a terrible person that I get more upset over sick cats than sick people? I don't care if so. Is he an older cat? I'm pulling for him/you, and sending good vibes your guys' way.

Aw :( I'm so sorry to read this. I really hope things get better for your little guy. 

Thanks guys. He's 14. My wife and I have had him ever since her mom died when we were teenagers. He's a great cat and pretty special to us (though everyone says that). I'm just not quite ready for him to go, since he still follows us everywhere and sleeps in between us for the most part :-/

I hope this isn't inappropriate (meaning that your cat is fine) but I have a cat living with me that I really don't want (just not a cat person). An elderly neighbor passed and rather than taking her to the pound, ended up with me. Super nice, cuddly, declawed. Don't know exact age, but maybe in the 4 years old area.

So if you are looking for another one (maybe not tomorrow but down the road even) offer is on the table. Free.

Thank you but no. It hasn't been too long since we rescued two others.

I'm just really fond of this one. I'm at work right now and it tears me up that he's home alone...I don't know how he's doing. He went to the vet this morning and got cortisone, b vitamins, and fluids. He thought it was just delaying the inevitable, but she really wanted to try it because she thinks this might just be side effects from antibiotics he was on. It did seem like he was feeling better before I left for work, but I can't decide whether that is just wishful thinking. If he's still wheezing when I get home, it may just be his time. I certainly don't want to prolong his suffering, even if he does still purr and push his head into me when I pet him.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic