That number is crazy. Would you have better luck in a different country? Not like you probably haven't thought of that already.

You would be a damn fine best buy employee. Probably over-qualified for the job. I just don't know any physical stores that focus on hi-fi.

Yeah I'm actually planning on (fingers crossed) getting a job at MediaMarkt in Austria (one of the biggest electronics retailers in europe), just to get things off the ground. Currently I own a tobacco shop franchise (though technically I work here as a student to avoid extra expenses), but in our dying economy I make barely anything. After rent and all expenses, and the salary for the girl I have on part-time, I'm left with around 3.5 eur per hour (around $4.70). And that's actually above average student wage. So yeah, no reason for staying here.

Pretty sure I have to fire someone on my team tomorrow. I feel kind of bad, but the kid is a total shithead, and I've been more than accommodating of all of his shithead antics throughout the last few months. Unfortunately for him the line was crossed earlier today, and I just can't coach or correct his behavior or ignore it any longer.

Hehehe as long as you're down with selling 4K TVs with B&W, MartinLogan and DefTech speakers and have a solid interview, I'd hire you. ;)

On a work-related side note, I just ordered an 85" Samsung 4K TV earlier today for a preferred client. Retail on that TV is $39,999.99... nbd

Well, the 6k miles commute might be a bit of a hassle. :)

But seriously, what are the requirements for a job like that (if you don't mind me asking)? Because I've often dabbled with the idea of just moving to US or Canada for a couple of months and see how things would turn out there, I just never had the balls to actually do it.

Well, the 6k miles commute might be a bit of a hassle. :)

But seriously, what are the requirements for a job like that (if you don't mind me asking)? Because I've often dabbled with the idea of just moving to US or Canada for a couple of months and see how things would turn out there, I just never had the balls to actually do it.

I know I'm jumping on Yan's question but I think that the problem for you would be getting a visa or whatever and just getting over here.

Someone who is motivated and works hard (even without a degree or trade) here can find $9 an hour (retail, food service, landscaping, etc). From an American point of view, it's not great money but its enough to get a place to stay, food, and rent a movie once in a while. Most of us set our sights on $20+ an hour, which (ballpark) gets you a decent home and will support a kid or two.

If you could get the work visas and/or whatever other paperwork is needed, you'd be able to find a job making 2-3x as much money. Not sure if things cost the same in both countries, though. Maybe your standard of life would be the same.

A late-night cookie shop opened up in town the past week. They're open until 3am every night, and they deliver to any address in town. The best part: their cookies are phenomenal.

What a time to be alive.

This exists?! There have been so many times when I've asked myself why there is no such thing as a dessert delivery service.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic