My daughter wrecked her friends car yesterday. Thought it was in neutral, but it was in drive, and ran it right into a pole. I literally tell her EVERY day to never, never drive a vehicle until she has a permit. Now it's a huge deal and I don't know if the insurance is going to cover it and we'll just be able to pay the deductible. The worst part of it all, is she just won the state award for the dangers of teen driving and is going to nationals. I'm beside myself.

My daughter wrecked her friends car yesterday. Thought it was in neutral, but it was in drive, and ran it right into a pole. I literally tell her EVERY day to never, never drive a vehicle until she has a permit. Now it's a huge deal and I don't know if the insurance is going to cover it and we'll just be able to pay the deductible. The worst part of it all, is she just won the state award for the dangers of teen driving and is going to nationals. I'm beside myself.

tumblr_m37h87sjtb1qcxrpgo2_500.gif

tumblr_m37h87sjtb1qcxrpgo2_500.gif
You're killin me with the AD gifs.

How do you get a state award and go to nationals for something like that? Seems really strange to me.

I'm on my 5th or 6th watch of the first three but I could definitely make it to that level.

It's just my go to show at this point, if I'm doing something else but I want something going on in the background...Arrested D, duh. Sometimes I go with Always Sunny, so I've seen those first 8 seasons a number of times too. Netflix, woo!

tumblr_inline_mr5widwUci1qz4rgp.gif

generally insurance goes with the driver...doesn't sound good at face value. sorry lady :(

generally insurance goes with the driver...doesn't sound good at face value. sorry lady :(

As it stands, the girl is going to say that she let her drive it, because she did. I don't know how it all works, but I think we're screwed too. If it's only the deductible, then she has a job and can pay for that, but if not, I don't know what we're going to do. I can't even talk to her right now.

As it stands, the girl is going to say that she let her drive it, because she did. I don't know how it all works, but I think we're screwed too. If it's only the deductible, then she has a job and can pay for that, but if not, I don't know what we're going to do. I can't even talk to her right now.

what kinda car are we talkin here? a beater? a fancy car that teenagers shouldn't have in the first place?

If she doesn't have her license yet, will this have any affect on her getting one when she's old enough?

oooh that's a good question. young people insurance is already pretty high... :(

what kinda car are we talkin here? a beater? a fancy car that teenagers shouldn't have in the first place?

oooh that's a good question. young people insurance is already pretty high... :(

It's a small SUV, but it's (was) really nice. It couldn't have been my clunker that isn't worth the stereo that's in it.

ugh, that sucks.

yeah, if the police weren't involved it's probably going to be a much bigger financial burden on you right now, but in the long run will definitely be better for your daughter. if it was my kid she would be absolutely getting whatever job she had to to work the debt off.

Ska Daddy is the only one who was concerned that I may have been taken by ghosts. Never fear, I'm alright. Hahahaha. 

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened, Michelle. I agree with pretty much what everyone else has had to say, but I really hope this plays out in your favor. 

Good news, everybody!

I told you guys about how I found a $500 check and a ring at the gas station last week. I called the phone number on the check three times that day and nobody answered. I left a message on the third call. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything. I went back to the gas station plus a pawn shop near by and left them a note with my number in case anyone came looking for the ring. I finally got a call this morning from the woman who wrote the check. We just met up at the gas station so I could give everything back to her. She was super happy about it. 

Yay!

Good news, everybody!

I told you guys about how I found a $500 check and a ring at the gas station last week. I called the phone number on the check three times that day and nobody answered. I left a message on the third call. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything. I went back to the gas station plus a pawn shop near by and left them a note with my number in case anyone came looking for the ring. I finally got a call this morning from the woman who wrote the check. We just met up at the gas station so I could give everything back to her. She was super happy about it.

Yay!

Good karma coming your way! Just the other day someone turned my wallet in that I left in the grocery cart. Good people galore!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic