I think those threads should have been locked long before any of that happened anyway, there was no relevant information being shared at the point this whole thing happened. I don't see how it's any different than someone posting the same thing over and over to get a thread locked. 

see, i think if one person is doing that just to get a thread locked, that person should get a warning, and subsequently banned if they refuse to stop. it's punishing everyone for the actions of one person.

That thread was overkill by the point that they really went crazy with gifs. I don't really understand the ban nor do I need to. I just don't want the ability to post a .gif of something silly in a place that it's not relevant to end. Also ya gotta consider how pointless that thread was by then anyway.

FIRST DAY OF NEW JOB OVER!!

It's good so far. Lots of room for growth and even opportunities to travel to trade shows. 2 older women who design are close to retirement, so there's a chance I could get one of their positions with better pay and more responsibility.

I especially like that I can pick my own schedule. I'm trying a 7-3 and seeing how that works.

Probably no more VC at work. But it was time for that change anyway.

Holy shit. I thought the $500 check story was made up. Good on you!

The scary part is that the check said "pay to the order of: cash". Anyone could have taken it straight to the bank. When I gave it back to her her eyes got really wide and she said "wow, this could have been really bad". 

FIRST DAY OF NEW JOB OVER!!

It's good so far. Lots of room for growth and even opportunities to travel to trade shows. 2 older women who design are close to retirement, so there's a chance I could get one of their positions with better pay and more responsibility.

I especially like that I can pick my own schedule. I'm trying a 7-3 and seeing how that works.

Probably no more VC at work. But it was time for that change anyway.

yayyyy

i've been out of the loop for a while. is this job near BB or is this just a better job where you are?

Steph, I'm in Ohio now, we moved in together last week! :)

Time to change that location from "The Mitten" to "The Buckeye" or "Birthplace of Aviation" or "The Place Where With God, All Things Are Possible" (Seriously...look it up) or "Handcuffed To The Water Heater...Seriously...Somebody Please Send Help. This Isn't A Joke. Three Guys With Masks Came In And Are Holding Us At Gunpoint. For The Love Of God, Send Help." or "Ohio."

I was driving in a parking lot earlier and some woman freaked the hell out as I rounded a curve, thinking I was just gonna keep going and hit her. Mind you, I was slowing down the entire time, and there was still a good distance between us. She walks towards whatever store she was going to, flapping her hands around and yelling at me the whole time, and I waved at her, mouthing "it's okay, you're okay." So I park and run my errand, and when I get back to my car, this was on my windshield:

10362327_1393240167563194_1310850987_n.j

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic