Still in NJ and can't sleep. Merrrr. I have to be up at 7. (Which is 4 am to me normally.)

Did you try rubbing one out?  #kiddingnotkidding

No, but seriously I've got a go-to list of ambient-ish albums that put me right out, in a good way.

My all-time fav relax album is Gregor Samsa - Rest, and lately been really digging Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestite.

And that's not a slam on either album, definitely a compliment for both. Rest is a work of art and Celestite is the OST to a far-out cosmic journey.

Still in NJ and can't sleep. Merrrr. I have to be up at 7. (Which is 4 am to me normally.)

I know the feeling.  I tried to take a VERY long nap before work tonight and it didn't go very well.  I probably slept for 2 of the 5 hours I was in bed.  Those couple hours actually helped quite a bit, but I really could use a few more.

No, but seriously I've got a go-to list of ambient-ish albums that put me right out, in a good way.

Brian Eno's Ambient 1 : Music For Airports used to be mine.  I don't fall asleep to music anymore, but I do like some sort of white noise.

Did you try rubbing one out? #kiddingnotkidding

My all-time fav relax album is Gregor Samsa - Rest, and lately been really digging Wolves in the Throne Room - Celestite.

And that's not a slam on either album, definitely a compliment for both. Rest is a work of art and Celestite is the OST to a far-out cosmic journey.

Rest is a great record

Facebook is full of everyone's kids going to school. People crying, being emotional. I wonder what that feels like. Wouldn't you be happy someone else has to deal with your kid and you get some free time?

I'll plant a seed for a miracle for $50.

Kids make people emotional in weird ways Madie. Have one. Try it out.

Having a kid would send me over the edge. I think I'd just be crying and worried all the time over it. I've already lost like 10 lbs just having a puppy and being worried about him. Panic googling everything. I'm a mess!

I am a bit worried w/ Paypal now. I made a payment to a fellow VCer this morning for a record and when I got the email receipt from Paypal, the return address was [email protected]. That is not the usual return address as before. It's the extension for Netherlands. The contents of the email looked as normal as usual but listed the payment amount as $29,00 USD. Using a comma instead of the period.

When I was able to log on to Paypal itself, it listed the transaction as normal and the amount shown was $29.00.

What the fuck is going on here?!?!

I just finished Breaking Bad! Wife and I started once it was all wrapped and just kind of powered through.

Maybe the hype that preceded it spoiled it a bit because I definitely didn't think it was the best show ever. It was good enough. Last season is solid though, they really stuck the landing. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic