Like it could have been about literally ANYTHING that inspired you?

Guys, I'm actually on Woe's side with this one. Sounds like some bullshit.

Yes, I wish I had the rubric, but I turned it in. But it said something along the lines of "Write an original poem on something that inspires you, blah blah, this could be people, places, the choices is yours, more teacher stuff blah blah" essentially saying write to your hearts content and have fun with it

Like I pisses me of as more of a personal thing, because you can't have a college level English course, give creative writing, then choose to not count a student's assignment because you don't agree with the topic. The paper met the standards, and it's lot like I talked about the in depth killings, (which there was only 1 maybe 2 if you count Jack) I just referenced the movie with things like "Now poor Wendy's on the run".

Like it's just a daily grade but it's the only thing in the gradebook right now and we're 2/6 ways thought the grading period so I have a 39 for the semester, which fucks with my class rank which we can't have, because I'll be printing transcripts any day now.

But you cannot do that. We read real accounts of things much worst then "redrum", then analyze them in vivid context. This is a senior class in high school, so even if I was in normal English IV this is still a stunt to pull, but I'm in an AP course which makes it a college class, and this kind of shit is unacceptable. 

The worst part is I've heard that she's a content basis grader, meaning that she grades via choice of content too, like taking off points because she feels writing about cupcakes isn't a serious enough topic, or showing basis when grading an argument essay. I already dislike the class due to the arduous work load and this isn't making it much better and I still have 5 more grading periods in her class.

Just based off of your writing on this forum, I think you would get destroyed in a non junior university English course.  And I'm not talking about your grammar and immense amount of spelling mistakes, because that's probably just laziness.  Just the way you structure your arguments and write in general makes me question the actual level of your "university level high school English course".

Just based off of your writing on this forum, I think you would get destroyed in a non junior university English course.  And I'm not talking about your grammar and immense amount of spelling mistakes, because that's probably just laziness.  Just the way you structure your arguments and write in general makes me question the actual level of your "university level high school English course".

They count for college credit and we study most of the same material so, I think It's on valid level, but like I said for a high school class in general calling a horror movie as a topic inappropriate is silly.

I just won a My Heart To Joy Seasons In Verse test press on ebay for $78. I was the highest bidder at $51 until 5 seconds. I thought I was going to get a killer deal. Still, not bad.

Also, that is the most I have ever spent on a record.

I still just need a copy of that record. I bug Kevin about it every so often. We still have no reissue.

There's a really good ice cream place in Sausalito called Lappert's. I had some cinnamon caramel ice cream there and it was heavenly. You should go next time you're around.

I have had ice cream there before! I love Sausalito. It's cute kinda. But luckily here in the city we have Bi - Rite and Humphrey Slocomb. :D

I've been listening to Caspian nonstop for the past two days.

I approve.

I still just need a copy of that record. I bug Kevin about it every so often. We still have no reissue.

Wouldn't Asbestos be the ones to repress it? Topshelf put out the CD and Asbestos did the vinyl.

Still so bummed my raffle ticket at the reunion show was one number off from winning the Seasons in Verse test press and regular press, Virgin Sails 7", and one of a kind lathe of Heavenly Bodies.

Wouldn't Asbestos be the ones to repress it? Topshelf put out the CD and Asbestos did the vinyl.

Still so bummed my raffle ticket at the reunion show was one number off from winning the Seasons in Verse test press and regular press, Virgin Sails 7", and one of a kind lathe of Heavenly Bodies.

I've seen Virgin Sails pop up for like $5 before.  I always thought there would be a little bit more of a demand for it.

You bummed me out that I thought I didn't have anything coming in the mail soon...until I remembered I have The Jazz June - The Medicine on its way, and 3 copies of IKSSE:3 coming in the next week, Salem's Pot/Windhand at the end of the month, those Modest Mouse and Mineral represses  in November and Saves the Day in December. Woooo.

I missed out on that Windhand split. : (

In the mail:

Slow Season - Mountains

TMR Vault #21

Unwound - Rat Conspiracy

Coheed - IKSSE:3 - Gray

Set & Setting

Pre orders:

TMR Vault #22

Jakob

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

I missed out on that Windhand split. : (

In the mail:

Slow Season - Mountains

TMR Vault #21

Unwound - Rat Conspiracy

Coheed - IKSSE:3 - Gray

Set & Setting

Pre orders:

TMR Vault #22

Jakob

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

If Salem's Pot sells me the purple one like they offered to I'll sell you my copy for a good price (whatever they sell my my purple for). I got an orange/black from RidingEasy though.

I've got a new fish to fry

I didn't care for it.  I think I got a few chuckles out of it, but I thought it was pretty weak compared to most of the other things Wain's done.

Oh yeah, as far as David Wain's stuff goes, it's a little weak. Certainly much better than many movies lately though.

I'm definitely finding it way over the top at points, and I loooove over the top stuff like Wet Hot American Summer, Stella, what have you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic