My favorites are Bebop, Trigun, Eva, and FLCL. I actually have an FLCL sleeve on my arm. 

Eva and Bebop (and KLK) were on my list to check out.  Will look into the other two.  I also keep hearing about RWBY?  I need to look into that... will prob take me forever to get through all of them tho, my gaming and anime backlog are both adding up.

Eva and Bebop (and KLK) were on my list to check out.  Will look into the other two.  I also keep hearing about RWBY?  I need to look into that... will prob take me forever to get through all of them tho, my gaming and anime backlog are both adding up.

I think that's the dude who just died! Sad! 

Anime talk!!! I love it!!!

I'm old school. Watched a lot of the Go Nagai stuff and Speed Racer and such. Not knowing it was Anime. Just awesome cartoons.

Then in teenage years and later delved into a lot of the Leiji Matsumoto stuff. It'll always be my all-time favorite. Along with Akira, GITS, Evangelion, Dirty Pair, Cutey Honey, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, and of course anything and all Studio Ghibli.

I'm old school. Watched a lot of the Go Nagai stuff and Speed Racer and such. Not knowing it was Anime. Just awesome cartoons.

Then in teenage years and later delved into a lot of the Leiji Matsumoto stuff. It'll always be my all-time favorite. Along with Akira, GITS, Evangelion, Dirty Pair, Cutey Honey, Serial Experiments Lain, Cowboy Bebop, and of course anything and all Studio Ghibli.

I have this deep desire to watch Lain again. It was so great and fucked up. It had a killer soundtrack too. 

I totally forgot about Speed Racer!  I watched that as a kid when I'd stay home sick from school too!

And same, as a youngster I didn't really differentiation between eastern and western, they were all just cartoons.  Now I love the anime aesthetic.  Still love western cartoons though, mostly adult-ish stuff like adult swim stuff and Adventure Time, as mentioned earlier.

Anything Studio Ghibli is classic.  I need to build my Ghibli collection, I only have Princess Mononoke on DVD and Nausicaa on bluray/dvd so far.

I have this deep desire to watch Lain again. It was so great and fucked up. It had a killer soundtrack too. 

NAP, you speak, read, understand some Japanese, yeah?  I think that was you who posted about getting some Japanese reference books.  I'm currently in the process of trying to teach myself.  I'm a super beginner though, but it's so awesome when you realize things are starting to click.  Every time I learn a new word or something I'm stoked on it.  Can't wait til I can actually converse semi-fluently.

Hope your dog pulls through!  I have an unlocked GSM iPhone 4S if you want it.  It can't hold a charge for shit, but it's better than nothing.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.  The good thing is I have an iPod and a Macbook that I can iMessage on when I have wifi, which is at school and at home.  And luckily most the important people in my life also have iMessage.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.  The good thing is I have an iPod and a Macbook that I can iMessage on when I have wifi, which is at school and at home.  And luckily most the important people in my life also have iMessage.

Not a problem.  I got a new phone a few months ago, so this one has just become a fancy iPod that I use around the house.

Yeah man, I hope your pup pulls through! Animals are my favourite friends.  Not sure of your spiritual views but your story made my heart feel heavy and so my thoughts are with you and your little guy.

NAP, you speak, read, understand some Japanese, yeah?  I think that was you who posted about getting some Japanese reference books.  I'm currently in the process of trying to teach myself.  I'm a super beginner though, but it's so awesome when you realize things are starting to click.  Every time I learn a new word or something I'm stoked on it.  Can't wait til I can actually converse semi-fluently.

I do but that wasn't me who posted about reference books. I took some in college. Can mostly read Kanji. 

I don't want to bring this place down but I need to vent about today because it has been the worst day ever. My dog got into a bunch of trail mix on Sunday, and has been at the vet since Sunday, sleeping there overnight. She finally came home today, and now she has pneumonia, which is terrible for a 9 year old miniature dachshund. The worst part is the vets don't know what type of pneumonia, or something like that, it is, so they just "carpet bombed" her (the vets words) with antibiotics and inhalers. Anyway, she can hardly breathe and isn't responding to anything and I'm worried sick because it was my fault she ate the trail mix in the first place, and that's what started all of this. They think the pneumonia may have started from her inhaling her puke, and then chunks getting stuck in her lungs. And then I broke my phone on the bus home today and the screen won't react to touch so it's totally useless, and I can't afford a new one. And there's a massive snowstorm here and heavy snowfall warning. And I have a bad cold. The main problem here is my dog though. But the added annoyance of breaking my phone really didn't help.

What carrier do you use? Not sure if it's compatible, but I have an old phone that might work?

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog : ( hoping she heals fast.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic